Conquest of Planet Earth: The Space Alien Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: question on supplement " the santarri" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
rodolfo carbone
Italy
firenze
flag msg tools
about "overwhelming multiplication(one of the powers of the race):here it says with a menace token the power strength in battle can be doubled and for multiple times,including the fight dice roll.

does it mean if ..for example in a battle i have three santarri's spaceships and i use a menace token their value from 3 becomes 6 for a round and even the fight dice roll is doubled?
example:if i launch 4 with the dice it means it becomes 8 or no more of 6?
and in which case is sudden victory?only for a natural launch of 6 i suppose right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Smith
Netherlands
Helmond
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The description on the card doesn't actually say 'including the fight dice roll'. I believe the 'Strength Total' is the total strength value of all your alien saucers before you roll the fight dice, so if you have 3 ships you can double them to six, and if you then roll a four, you then have 10.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Jelley
United Kingdom
Hungerford
Berkshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed, it is the strength of the Santarri spaceships that is doubled, unlike the Red Menace where the overall strength is increased by the population of their location.

Philip

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rodolfo carbone
Italy
firenze
flag msg tools
grendelsbayne wrote:
The description on the card doesn't actually say 'including the fight dice roll'. I believe the 'Strength Total' is the total strength value of all your alien saucers before you roll the fight dice, so if you have 3 ships you can double them to six, and if you then roll a four, you then have 10.

the card doesn't say to double the fight dice roll but the page rule with the supplement differently it does.
the page rule says: "this ability may be used to double your current strength total(including the fight dice roll)."

that's why I asked about fight dice roll.

I suppose that if i launch a 4 it can't become an 8 but no more than 6 and that to get a sudden victory it is necessary a natural 6 right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Smith
Netherlands
Helmond
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm really not sure what you're referring to when you say 'page rules' - my copy didn't come with any extra rules.

But, just for the moment assuming you're correct, I would definitely say that you have to roll a natural six to get a Crushing victory, unless a card or ability specifically says otherwise. (For instance, I believe one of the Trun's abilities explicitly allows you to get a crushing victory by adding to your die roll).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rodolfo carbone
Italy
firenze
flag msg tools
grendelsbayne wrote:
I'm really not sure what you're referring to when you say 'page rules' - my copy didn't come with any extra rules.

But, just for the moment assuming you're correct, I would definitely say that you have to roll a natural six to get a Crushing victory, unless a card or ability specifically says otherwise. (For instance, I believe one of the Trun's abilities explicitly allows you to get a crushing victory by adding to your die roll).

My copy had 10 cards a giant card of the race and a page of rules/explanations about the supplement in which about the overwhelming multiplication was written:"this ability may be used to double your current strenght total (including the fight dice roll".

Ibought this supplement a month ago so it may be lightly different from yours and about a dice launch of 4?have to be trated as an 8 or 6 according to you?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Smith
Netherlands
Helmond
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm. I bought mine in the last month as well, so I'm not sure why they should be so different. Was yours perhaps a translated version?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rodolfo carbone
Italy
firenze
flag msg tools
grendelsbayne wrote:
Hmmm. I bought mine in the last month as well, so I'm not sure why they should be so different. Was yours perhaps a translated version?

no it wasn't if you give me a mail i send you the page .from here i don't see how to load a file from my hd

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Smith
Netherlands
Helmond
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting. I don't really know what to think now. It really seems like the rule would go against the established terminology of the game. More than that - am I remembering correctly that the race card does specifically say 'may be used multiple times per fight'? Because having a combination of abilities that strong would seem to make the santarri ridiculously overpowered. Say you roll a five with 1 alien, you could spend 2 menace to make it nearly impossible to beat you even if the other player has all their ships and an ally in the space...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rodolfo carbone
Italy
firenze
flag msg tools
grendelsbayne wrote:
Interesting. I don't really know what to think now. It really seems like the rule would go against the established terminology of the game. More than that - am I remembering correctly that the race card does specifically say 'may be used multiple times per fight'? Because having a combination of abilities that strong would seem to make the santarri ridiculously overpowered. Say you roll a five with 1 alien, you could spend 2 menace to make it nearly impossible to beat you even if the other player has all their ships and an ally in the space...

i will not use the rule to use more menace tokens to double more times the values but i will treat dice launches all doubled and a 6 will become 12 that's all as maximum.
Each menace token will be used only of for a single fight round.

i think it's the more balanced way to use this race.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Umstattd
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
All Hail Lelouch
mbmbmbmb
rudolf43 wrote:
grendelsbayne wrote:

i will not use the rule to use more menace tokens to double more times the values but i will treat dice launches all doubled and a 6 will become 12 that's all as maximum.
Each menace token will be used only of for a single fight round.

i think it's the more balanced way to use this race.

It feels cheap to nerf the race like that. I'd much rather prefer an erreta from the creators. Doubling just the ship value and being able to do that multiple times seems like a fair ability given their stats and other abilities.

But then again I've never played as this race and I'd imagine they're extremely reliant on menace tokens. If they run out they become worthless and have to dump their ap into getting menace tokens.

Wait... they can buy menace tokens at a discount. Still seems op to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Weihrauch
Germany
Frankfurt
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played twice with the Santarri and both times they won. The last time (basically today) I also got the Bug Eyes, so they got an extra menace token each round and even against a resistance of 14 (+3 for the roll) I only had to spend two tokens (and still had 4 left or so).

The really DO seem a bit overpowered this way...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.