Subject: UK Retail Sightings? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Baz Hemmons
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Last I heard today was the UK launch day - just wondering if anyone has spotted any copies in the wild yet?

After finding out my gravity feed won't be coming for some weeks yet, I may well pick up a bunch of boosters from Toys R Us if they carry it - I was hoping to get along to my local South London branch today and have a look but circumstances have got in the way, so I thought I'd see if anyone else if having any luck!?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kieran Briggs
United Kingdom
Sheffield
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be surprised if Toys R Us carried it. Unless you are wanting Pokimon or last years Magic you're out of luck at our branch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bandettini
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
That one not so much
badge
Ohh that tickles
mbmbmb
I just bought two starters at Orc's nest in London.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike B
United Kingdom
southampton
hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Dare To Roll - www.whodaresrolls.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Toys R Us will be stocking it, I check in my local store this morning and nothing. However the Esdevium deliveries don't usually arrive till a Friday, so may have to wait it out.

They are getting it, but lord knows if any stock from this European batch has been allocated.

It would have been helpful if Esdevium actually just told people where to get this at retail if anywhere. They haven't exactly been pushing this, and considering its popularity stateside its baffling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Hague
United Kingdom
Bristol
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
RAWKET LAWNCHA!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Well Amazon are still quoting 1-2 months, and a search at Forbidden Planet for Marvel Dice Masters returns zero results.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike B
United Kingdom
southampton
hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah forbidden planet are a bit of a dead loss, popped in there this morning as well and nothing. And if anywhere on the high street should be stocking this, then surely they should.

Pretty poor effort so far, I'm holding out some slim hope that TRU gets stock this weekend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baz Hemmons
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm... thanks all... seems like a failure to lunch at this point... oh well, at least I don't feel like there are boosters I could be buying at TrU right now.

Just got all excited when the Gameslore weekly update email came listing MDM as one of the new items - exciting for the 2 seconds it took to follow the link and see "sold out to pre-order".

Orcs Nest is a good tip, did they have any boosters tho?

I actually popped into my local TrU branch a couple of days ago, just in case (always the optimist), nothing there of course. Slightly worrying was the blind-collectibles section where they seem to be in the habit of emptying feeds into plastic pick-n-mix type drawers. That'd be kind of annoying, since it'll make it tricky to tell when stock is from a fresh feed.

More confusing were the two women crouched down feverishly fondling Lego Minifig packets. Not sure what's going on there, I can only presume there's some of them that are worth feeling for. Odd. Hope they don't start touching up our MDM packs!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bandettini
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
That one not so much
badge
Ohh that tickles
mbmbmb
No booster packs at Orc's Nest. I have ordered some from Waylandgames.co.uk they are saying they will be dispatched 31st May. No idea if I will actually get any though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Rodway
msg tools
My FLGS has (or is about to) receive it's shipment.
Last week when they contacted Esdevium, the supplier, they were told all was fine.
Now they have found out their stock has been reduced to 4 booster boxes and a few starters. Those 4 are already spoken for so no public product.

I also have an order in place with Wayland Games. They have sent no new information about dates that I might expect the product to ship.

Somewhere, someone got something very wrong :/

The wait continues...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Matthews
United Kingdom
Swindon
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
Android87 wrote:
My FLGS has (or is about to) receive it's shipment.
Last week when they contacted Esdevium, the supplier, they were told all was fine.
Now they have found out their stock has been reduced to 4 booster boxes and a few starters. Those 4 are already spoken for so no public product.

I also have an order in place with Wayland Games. They have sent no new information about dates that I might expect the product to ship.

Somewhere, someone got something very wrong :/

The wait continues...

Same with Wayland, had a hope they would deliver it before end of last month and it has been updated to 31st of this month now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Collier
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My local has had a stack of starters in, and boosters too - that's Inner Sanctum Collectibles in Cambridge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl White
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Leisure Games in North London were able to give me my preordered starter, but none of the boosters I'd asked for. From the sound of it they were able to honour their starter preorders, but that was about it, they got far less than they asked for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Platt
United Kingdom
Duston
Northamptonshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadow games in Rugby got 12 starters and two booster boxes. Still have a few starters at last check - www.shadow-games.co.uk

Edit: well that escalated quickly... Sold out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United Kingdom
Warrington
Cheshire
flag msg tools
PlanetM
badge
Gaming with the family :)
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had a shipping notice from Iguk for a starter set but their stock sold out in about an hour on Friday night after it was listed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bob frapples
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Rules of Play" in Cardiff sold me 2 starters & 20 boosters today. They said they only received 10% of what they ordered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kev capps
United Kingdom
Gillingham
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got email from Grim Tree Games that they received no starters :-(
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike B
United Kingdom
southampton
hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I attempted to get some sense from Esdevium regarding who got and if any high street retailers received stock, and they responded with a non-committal corporate line which really didn't help.

The biggest hobby release this year so far with a huge amount of demand and the distributors seem to be ignoring it. Brilliant.

Looks like we'll have to begin the slooow wait for a restock.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Wood
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
MDM doesn't even show up in the US' Toys R Us inventory (I'm an employee and have done multiple searches each week for even a sign that they're coming in). I'd be surprised for the UK to receive it instantly and the US to not be having any sort of plan for it, but then again, it is Toys R Us - most of the time, what they do doesn't make any sense.

bazpoint wrote:
More confusing were the two women crouched down feverishly fondling Lego Minifig packets. Not sure what's going on there, I can only presume there's some of them that are worth feeling for. Odd. Hope they don't start touching up our MDM packs!

Customers will do that to find the lego figure that they want out of a group - or to go for a complete set of whichever release it is. I never got the hang of it, but some people (couple of my co-workers included) are extremely good at figuring out which figure is in the package.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike B
United Kingdom
southampton
hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pocolius wrote:
MDM doesn't even show up in the US' Toys R Us inventory (I'm an employee and have done multiple searches each week for even a sign that they're coming in). I'd be surprised for the UK to receive it instantly and the US to not be having any sort of plan for it, but then again, it is Toys R Us - most of the time, what they do doesn't make any sense.

I too work TRU and can definitely confirm we are getting it. I suggested it to the buying team and they agreed, so it is coming.

It's possibly won't be showing on the inventory as this is a consignment item and not directly TRU stock. And its still dependent on whether Esdevium in their infinite wisdom decided we should get a nibble of this stock. I'm holding my breath because the request was for all stores to receive this and if shortages are as bad as it looks I worry if its coming.

Roll on Friday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Knight
United Kingdom
Huddersfield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
3 copies @ Patriot Games

http://www.patriotgames.ltd.uk/store/product/21196/Marvel-Di...

postage is a bit hefty but they're the only ones I've found in the UK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Coleman
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mibar01 wrote:
The biggest hobby release this year so far with a huge amount of demand and the distributors seem to be ignoring it. Brilliant.

I think the fault lies more with Wizkids for massively under producing stock, not much distributors can do if they stuff doesn't physically exist
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike B
United Kingdom
southampton
hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JoyrexJ9 wrote:
mibar01 wrote:

I think the fault lies more with Wizkids for massively under producing stock, not much distributors can do if they stuff doesn't physically exist

Totally agree that wizkids have been caught with their pants down on this, but to be fair to them they seem to be churning out dice as fast as possible. Stock shortages and massive demand are never a bad thing for a company as long as the gap between waves doesn't result in the huge demand turning into apathy and chasing the next new shiny thing.

My disgruntlement is with the distributor who when asked where to get this, points you back to the very stores who didn't get any stock. I believe that it has been Wizkids intention to enter the highstreet with this and currently the UK highstreet is a tad barren.

I guess we better wait it out and hope the second wave has more inventory and gets a wider distribution.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Beach
United Kingdom
Chippenham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
amazon are saying that they have some in stock (9 at time of writing). Obviously don't know when they will ship but may be worth a look? http://www.amazon.co.uk/Marvel-Dice-Masters-Avengers-Starter...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Knight
United Kingdom
Huddersfield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just about to post that link. From a seller not Amazon themselves - should be an accurate stock on hand count - down to 5
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bandettini
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
That one not so much
badge
Ohh that tickles
mbmbmb
No signs of boosters anywhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.