Popular Tags: [View All]
M D
United States
Peotone
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a Big Simpsons fan and have played many of the games in the past. My wife is also a big Simpsons fan and like trivia as well so we got this for her.

THE BASICS: The game is simple pick your character piece roll a die 6 and move around collecting Buzz cards or answering trivia questions for buzz cards. Collect certain card groups turn them in for donuts collect X amount of donuts and you win. Minimum number of buzz cards needed is 3 of a group and if I recall this gives you 1 donut you can go up to 5 buzz cards for 3 donuts. By the rules of the game it only takes 7 donuts to win, which isn't that hard to get. There are a few spots on the board that allow you to steal donuts from other players a much enjoyable part of the game. We personally moved the number up to ten or higher just to continue the game. There are also a few spots that make you lose a donut as well to keep the game going.

The Game itself: The art is standard simpsons art. The cards and pieces are cheaply made flimzy and weak. Other then that a fun game but if your looking for more then a quick and simple I suggest going with the simpsons scene it game.

Final Thoughts: Pretty simple game not a lot to it. What makes this one stand out is all the questions are fan submitted; making it have some of the toughest simpsons trivia questions I have seen thus far. Over all a fun quick game easy set up and easy clean up. What makes this one more enjoyable to me is that it's got a board and point beyond the basic trivia questions to the game. I have owned other simpsons trivia games in the past and the endless cards and lack of anything else didn't hold my interest for very long. Here we get a bit more then that, and I'm always a big fan of player interaction which with the donuts exist in this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.