Sails of Glory» Forums » General

Subject: "Special" Ships at any point? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
- -
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
When my friend and I bought the game for our group (we shared cost) and shown it to our group one of the first things some of them mentioned was how cool it would be to put some guest stars in the game, even if not historically accurate/real.

The ones that were mentioned immediately were -

The Jackdaw and El Impoluto (Assassins Creed 4)
The Aquila (Assassins Creed 3)
Black Pearl (Pirates of the Caribbean)

Do you think there would be any chance for say, limited edition runs of such models? and of course would you like to see them personally?

My own view is having some put in would be fun, but definitely keep them to few and far between as releases.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm for the Black Pearl...as long as you can actually sink it googoo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Someone over at the Anchorage did a Black Pearl modification, so no need to wait if you have some skills.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Game Steward
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
longagoigo wrote:
Someone over at the Anchorage did a Black Pearl modification, so no need to wait if you have some skills.

There have been a couple repaints posted over on The Anchorage. Here's one:

http://www.sailsofglory.org/showthread.php?1989-There-Be-Pir...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
longagoigo wrote:
Well the key word here is "skills"...I've got no time, patience, skill nor inclination...I do however appreciate and enjoy the work of others...a pre-painted model is the only way I'd go...whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Brzezinski
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Playing with the Black Pearl sounds cool, but I think I would really want to play a scenario with the Flying Dutchman
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.