David Bernier
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all! Tonight i'm starting the Labyrinth of Ruin campaign with my brother. I'll be playing the Overlord and he'll be playing with 4 Heroes. We know the game well and played a lot together so nothing new for us.

But I want to add some new stuff into the game so the Lieutenants comes into mind. I already ordered Mirklace but won't have him till next week.

Now my FLGS have in stock: Raythen, Serena, Ariad and Queen Ariad...only those four.

If you really needed to buy one (lol) which one would you get for your LoR campaign?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Browes
United Kingdom
London
Tooting
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think you use can use any of those four in LoR 'cos they all feature as lieutenants and/or NPCs in the campaign's quests. Shame!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'd just grab who you like the idea of playing most: evil hunter dwarf, corrupt priestess, freaky evil queen or freaky giant spider queen.

I'd go for the spider myself.

And yeah you aren't supposed to use them but you can just say the fig you use is someone else. Like Therena and Bariad!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bernier
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok so any Lieutenant that is featured in a campaign CAN'T be used as an Agent in that campaign...at all?

Dammit...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Selwyn Hope
Australia
Cannington
WA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Queen Ariad is an awesome mini.

The Serena and Raythen packs come with 2 miniatures each. One PC version and one Lt version. They also include the PC Hero card for themselves (although they can't be selected as a hero in the LoR campaign).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bernier
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
But from what I read, I can't use any of those in the LoR campaign...so i'll pass on them

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adny Riik
Slovakia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Rhezuss wrote:
But from what I read, I can't use any of those in the LoR campaign...so i'll pass on them
you cannot use the Agent in a quest, that feature the lieutenant/ally of the same name and you cannot use Queen Ariad agent in LoR. You still can use the lieutenant deck thought. From those four, Ariad would be the safest bet, if you want to use the Agent. Otherwise pick Raythen, it is a nice counter to treasure hunter

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Rhezuss wrote:
Ok so any Lieutenant that is featured in a campaign CAN'T be used as an Agent in that campaign...at all?

Dammit...

You can use the deck regardless. The only restriction comes with the Summon Agent card in each deck. The rules are:

You can't summon an Agent in an encounter in which that Agent's corresponding Lieutenant is present.
You can't summon an Agent if it is the main villain in the campaign you are playing (e.g. Zachareth in the Shadow Rune, Ariad/Queen Ariad in Labyrinth of Ruin).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bernier
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well if I buy a pack it's to use the mini too
So i'll have to roam my locale sector to see if I can find one that is not featured in LoR...will I gain XP if I find one?

EDIT:
Dexter345 wrote:
You can use the deck regardless. The only restriction comes with the Summon Agent card in each deck. The rules are:

You can't summon an Agent in an encounter in which that Agent's corresponding Lieutenant is present.
You can't summon an Agent if it is the main villain in the campaign you are playing (e.g. Zachareth in the Shadow Rune, Ariad/Queen Ariad in Labyrinth of Ruin).

But could I summon Ariad (not the Queen) in the LoR quests that she's not in?

EDIT2: I just read a thread that spoiled all the cards for the Lieutenants and I checked Ariad deck and the summon Ariad cards states that "You can't summon Ariad in any quests that feature Ariad or Queen Ariad as a lieutenant". So as the ROW, I could use Ariad in any LoR quests that she or Queen Ariad are not used.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Porter
United States
Gig Harbor
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got the Raythen pack for the figure so our heroes could use him, but went with Zachareth as my lieutenant so I could foil the treasure hunter. You won't have any threat to spend on the first quest anyways, so if you want to get one, just track how much threat you would have received so you can use it in the next quest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean L
United Kingdom
Coventry
West Midlands
flag msg tools
Dexter345 wrote:

This gets repeated a lot but is wrong, just people extrapolating from Zachareth.

Zachareth is the only agent that can't be used in Shadow Rune.
Queen Ariad (not regular Ariad) is the only agent that can't be used in Labyrinth (though the heroes will have Raythen or Serena as an ally so the general rule applies for most quests).
Rylan, Tristayne and Mirklace can't be used in Nerekhall.

It's story reasons, rather than 'main villian'. Zachareth can't be in Shadow Rune as the story has him as an ally to the heroes until the 'reveal'.

This doesn't apply with Ariad, she's not encountered until the interlude, and having her pop up after that still works. But Queen Ariad is out because you can't have her in her evolved form if that hasn't happened in the story. And Ariad has an extra restriction that she can't be used in quests with Queen Ariad because that would mean two Ariads.

In Nerekhall, Mirklace is presumed dead for the first act, and Rylan is similar to Zachareth in that he's initially friendly, though goes as far as being used as a hero ally. Tristayne can possible be 'killed' in the campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.