Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dylan Sprite
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just recently played the game and all went pretty well. I probably screwed a few things up, but I made up most of it regarding quantum entanglement. There are a few situations that had me scratching my head so I thought I'd post them here and see if I got a response.

Situation 1:
A and B are both entangled. A is located one in from the middle ring and B is one away from center. A rolls a 5. A wants to move back one left 2 and back 2. Which of the following is true:
1)A cannot do that at all since B cannot move left
2)A can do that but must stop at the middle ring since B cannot move left and after the spinner the entanglement would break.
3)A can do that but the entanglement would break once A moves left.
4)A can do that. B would move one back, do nothing for 2 and move back another 2.

Situation 2:
A and B are both entangled. Neither A nor B are in the center. A has a completed atom and an Energy Surge card. Which of the following is true:
1)A may not play the card at all since the card states that you can't play it with a completed atom.
2)A may play it as long as B doesn't have a completed atom causing B to move to the center and the entanglement to break.
3)A may play it even if B has a completed atom and the only result would be breaking the entanglement.
4)Both 2 and 3

Situation 3:
A and B are both entangled. They are both 2 from the center. A rolls a 2. A wants to move to the center. Which of the following is true:
1) A cannot do this since both A and B cannot occupy the same space.
2) A can move 1 in, but must stop because the center is blocked for both.
3) A can move the 2, but then both A and B must slip back since they both occupy the same space. (If so do they both choose where to slip or is B's slip dependent on A's slip)
4) A can move into the center, but only B slips back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leana Galiel
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Hey Dylan, thanks for the questions! Now that the game is out, I will be checking regularly to answer any questions people might have. We will also be posting updated rules and FAQ on our website as needed - I'll include a more detailed explanation of Quantum Entanglement in our next update. :]

To answer your questions...

Situation 1:
Even though A is moving around the middle ring to complete their back 5, the direction is still registered as moving 5 spaces away from the center. Therefore, B would move back 5 spaces (away from the center) as well.

Situation 2:
The answer would be "1)A may not play the card at all since the card states that you can't play it with a completed atom."
The same rules apply for the person whose turn it is, whether or not they are entangled.

Situation 3:
This is a really good question. It doesn't come up often, but there are a few circumstances which could cause both players to land on the same space. Along with the Center, this could also happen if both players were moving from the inner area to the outer area (or vice versa), or by landing on a ring space.

In all instances, The player whose turn it is moves first. They choose the direction to move from a die roll, or cards to play for movement. In your example, Player A would move first, then Player B would move. As A is already in the center space, B would move only one space forward (as they bounce back one from the center to the space they just left).

You could play that A and B both move 2, but then must move back 1 to the space before as they would occupy the same space. You can only choose a different path if you are moving directly from the center space. If moving bouncing back because it is occupied, you would just move back to the first space from the center on the path you were previously on. It's a bit more complicated, but would still mechanically work. [This would be more of a House Rule]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BM5k BM5k
United States
Jerome
Arizona
flag msg tools
mb
We had an interesting situation occur during our first game. A single player drew all 4 quantum entanglement cards.

He kept the first two, but discarded the third and fourth without replacing them.

What *should* have happened?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BM5k BM5k
United States
Jerome
Arizona
flag msg tools
mb
NVM, We apparently just can't read. Found the relevant instructions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Bob742
msg tools
War is a Racket - Maj Gen Smedley Darlington Butler d
mb
Also on QE, "...and each must perform the Board Event they land on."

Do both players perform Board Event each other lands on when one player moves?

Or just the Board Events of the current player?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leana Galiel
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Each player performs the board event they, themselves, land on. So if player 1 lands on a Red-Up and player 2 lands on an Antimatter Spin, player 1 takes a Red-Up and player 2 spins.

I'll usually play that player 2 (the one who is copying the movement) only performs the final board event they land on. Giving player 1 (who's turn it is) more of a chance to strategize where they are moving player 2. Makes it a bit harder.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Bob742
msg tools
War is a Racket - Maj Gen Smedley Darlington Butler d
mb
Yes. And shenanigans against an opponent. devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.