Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony Barrett
United Kingdom
St Neots
cambs
flag msg tools
mb
Can anybody give their views on this as a multiplayer game, presurable it is team play?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Moody
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Bulbous also tapered?
badge
When we play a new game I always review the rules afterwards to discover mistakes....and, somehow, those mistakes always benefit me
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't tried it with more than two players, but I don't think there would be enough for additional people to do. (Except for discussing strategic goals and theater strategy, which I think this game has more of than might be apparent during the first plays.)

A similar game that was designed during the same time that BvG was, Decision's Battle Cry of Freedom, would be even less suitable for more than two, as the battles are quite fixed and the game has more of a cards-as-battle-resources nature to it. If you like BvG you might also check out BCoF some day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andras Nemeth
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I would ask the same question, as GMT Games' website says that number fo players in 'two to four'.

Anyone can help how the new (GMT) rules provide for a 4-player game? (I could not find them on the net.)

Thx in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Dean
United States
Escondido
CA
flag msg tools
The Golden Camel UberBadge is a mystery. Nobody knows where it came from or how it got there.
badge
No one expects the Spanish penguin!
mbmbmbmbmb
I realize this answer is about 5 years late, but from what I can tell, you can have up to two players on a side. One player controls the Eastern Theater, the other player controls the Western Theater. I have yet to play this game and have been trying to figure it out, but it sounds like there's not a lot of benefit with playing with more than two unless if maybe you're teaching somebody to play or something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Fung
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I don't think there's enough to do with 4 people. It may be interesting to see the theater generals fight over resources ("No, I need Grant in the West! If that happens, I won't need all these 5 strength corps, and I'll rail them over."), but you'd be inventing something for players to do. In my 1 vs. 1 games, I haven't really had much tension between East and West.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.