Popular Tags: BotW [+] [View All]
Natalie
United States
flag msg tools
You know I love the players and you love the game
badge
Let the games begin
mbmbmbmbmb
Boomer of the Week - #5 - Public Reveal Yougurt87!

I am honored to present the next Boomer of the Week! Everyone's favorite cup of fruit and milk, Yougurt! He is the whole package: the biggest sweetheart ever, always making the ladies go crazy whenever they see him, has a voice that can rival any radio host, and always willing to lend a hand. Did I mention a real sweetheart?

Justin Erdman
United States
Waukesha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Yum!
mbmbmbmbmb

yougurt87 wrote:

Well… First off big thanks to Nat for choosing me to be the boomer of the week, and for setting this up! It is a real honor to be chosen as the boomer of the week.

A little about myself. I am 27 years old, married with a year and a half year old, IT nerd who lives outside of Milwaukee. Outside of regular games like Clue and Monopoly, my first more unheard of game I played was Apples to Apples. Now I realize that this is a game you can now find at Target and Wal-Mart alike, but 14 years ago it wasn’t a common place game. I got my dad into it and he took me to Gencon, back when it was still in Milwaukee. I have gone every year since and it is a great time. #GenconPushers. Other than that I am pretty easy going when it comes to games though my favorite is probably Betrayal at House on the Hill.

mb Icebreaker Questions: mb

1) How did you get into 2R1B?
Two years ago at Gencon, Scouterificius and Nolemonplease had played 2R1B the night before and told me I needed to play. So naturally I followed them blindly, because that had never biten me in the butt before (except that one time…) First round it was just prezi, bomber, and red/blue team. I was like, well this is something… but then we added in a bunch of roles, including Shy Guy (literally best role) and from there I was hooked. Oh and something about rumchata and hanging out with Sean after.

2) What was your first 2R1B PBF and Role?!
PBF 23 and I was Blue security. Boy was that the worst choice for a PBF to start off with. I had 0 clue what was going on. It was totally worth it though. It was an amazingly fun time. (Also I love you BT and DeMo.)

3) What is your favorite 2R1B PBF that you have ever played in and why?
This is a very tough call… Honestly it is a toss up between 23 and 42. Both were so thematic and well thought out. The amount of effort all three of them put in to the PBF’s was incredible. They went above and beyond and it made it a better experience for all.

4) What is your favorite/least favorite 2R1B PBF Role and why?
I think I already spoiled my favorite role, which would be Shy Guy. I think really it was the first role I ever had, and I loved the dynamic it created. It throws this wrench in the game that I realize most people dislike, but I think that is what makes it unique. My least favorite would be Demon, only because that one took me awhile to not screw up with. In fact I probably still do.

5) Red, Blue, or Other?
Blue for life!

Congratulations Yougurt87 for being this week's "Boomer of the Week!" mb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawna
United States
flag msg tools
badge
You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.
mbmbmb
Congrats, yougurt!

What was your favorite subject in school?

What was your most embarrassing moment?

Do you have any unique talents?

What is your dream job?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Rqthstar
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
I can feel the thunder that's breaking in your heart
badge
This never happened
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations Yougurt!

Which 2R1B PBF regulars should go to GenCon?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Natalie
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Let the games begin
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations!

Whats your favorite:

Breakfast?
Lunch?
Dinner?
Dessert?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Erdman
United States
Waukesha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Yum!
mbmbmbmbmb
shawnad2006 wrote:
Congrats, yougurt!

What was your favorite subject in school?

What was your most embarrassing moment?

Do you have any unique talents?

What is your dream job?

Favorite subject would probably be math. Numbers are FUN!!

Hmmm... I don't get embarrassed much, but if I had to pick something... It was the first day of second grade right at recess time. Naturally everyone bolts out the door in excitement. So as I was running I stopped because my shoe was coming off. So I bent down and fixed my shoe. When I stood back up... *WHAM* I smashed my forehead right into the arm of the dumpster, and not just the arm but the stopper at the end of it, which is this circular metal piece that is jagged and sharp. Needless to say I was quickly on my back screaming and spilling blood all over the place. So that was pretty embarrassing, but on the upside they moved the dumpster to the parking lot because of me.

Unique talents, I don't think I do. Which isn't a bad thing.

My dream job would probably be a video game designer, not so much for the long hours and deadlines, but just to say that my hard word is enjoyed by people all over.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Erdman
United States
Waukesha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Yum!
mbmbmbmbmb
rathstar wrote:
Congratulations Yougurt!

Obviously everyone who is a PBF regular should be going to GenCon. My motto is, if Livia is coming and she is in Australia, what is your excuse?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karafruit Villager-Thrower
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
please don't fluff my kiwifruits
mbmbmbmbmb
yougurt87 wrote:
Favorite subject would probably be math. Numbers are FUN!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawna
United States
flag msg tools
badge
You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.
mbmbmb
yougurt87 wrote:
rathstar wrote:
Congratulations Yougurt!

Obviously everyone who is a PBF regular should be going to GenCon. My motto is, if Livia is coming and she is in Australia, what is your excuse?

LIVIA IS COMING!?!?! wow
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Erdman
United States
Waukesha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Yum!
mbmbmbmbmb
Natsume wrote:
Congratulations!

Whats your favorite:

Breakfast?
Lunch?
Dinner?
Dessert?

I am not going to start a fight over breakfast so I am going to go off the wall and say omelets. The more toppings the better!!

Lunch would be this local restaurant called "The Picnic Basket." They make the best subs ever. Period. They use a ton of meat and toppings and they are huge for the price. They are also doing a new sub each week for each of the states, and everyone has been more tasty than the last.

For dinner I would have to say that Stir Fry is the best. Tons of ways to make it unique and it tastes delicious every time.

Dessert is a tie between lemon ice, and peanut butter cup pie. Because what is better than peanut butter cups and pie?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Erdman
United States
Waukesha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Yum!
mbmbmbmbmb
shawnad2006 wrote:
yougurt87 wrote:
rathstar wrote:
Congratulations Yougurt!

LIVIA IS COMING!?!?! wow

YOU ARE COMING!?!?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Natalie
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Let the games begin
mbmbmbmbmb
yougurt87 wrote:

Lunch would be this local restaurant called "The Picnic Basket." They make the best subs ever. Period. They use a ton of meat and toppings and they are huge for the price. They are also doing a new sub each week for each of the states, and everyone has been more tasty than the last.

What's your favorite sub there? Describe your favorite dream sub.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Morcerf
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Yvette
badge
Colleen Camp
mbmbmbmbmb
shawnad2006 wrote:
yougurt87 wrote:
rathstar wrote:
Congratulations Yougurt!

LIVIA IS COMING!?!?! wow

You miss a lot by not being in chat as much as you used to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Morcerf
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Yvette
badge
Colleen Camp
mbmbmbmbmb
GURT! kiss
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niccolo Machiavelli
United States
I am where I need to be when I need to be.
flag msg tools
“A prince must imitate the fox and the lion, for the lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves."
badge
A life, some would argue, is a series of problems. There’s no denying the truth in that – but why get lost in it? Why not rise above the truth… and lead a good life? Shouldn’t we all look at problems as a chance for us to find… solutions?
mbmbmbmbmb
If you could describe yourself in one word, what would that word be?

What are your top three favorite books?

Do you have a favorite animal?

What is your favorite mythological animal?

If you had a heraldic crest or coat of arms what would it look like?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah
Australia
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
lol yes i am teh stabbr
mbmbmbmbmb
shawnad2006 wrote:
yougurt87 wrote:
rathstar wrote:
Congratulations Yougurt!

LIVIA IS COMING!?!?! wow

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edna Lindebury
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
"I don't flirt. I just say what I want." -JJ
badge
"Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass." -Cordelia
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations!

I feel like I don't have anything to ask you after dick yogurt and us being the same person, but I'll try and think of something

OMG. MORE LIL' GURT PICS PLEASE
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Erdman
United States
Waukesha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Yum!
mbmbmbmbmb
Machiavellian wrote:
If you could describe yourself in one word, what would that word be?

What are your top three favorite books?

Do you have a favorite animal?

What is your favorite mythological animal?

If you had a heraldic crest or coat of arms what would it look like?

If I could describe myself in one word, that word would be dairy, but since I can't describe myself in one word I have nothing.

My top 3 favorite books, in no order would be...
Dresden Files series
Repairman Jack series
and Ender's Game (Yes OSC is insane, but the book got me into SciFi)

Favorite animal is Wolf. Majestic and beautiful. And vicious as hell when they need to be. Also there is a wolf habitat where you can actually pet wolves just outside of Indy. #Genconpushers

My favorite mythological animal is either the alot or a Snorlax. I would sacrifice 1000 sheep if it meant I could have a Snorlax.

This is what my crest would look like.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
a quiet free spirit with a mysterious past
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats, I have a few questions. Why do you like yogurt so much? Any specific flavors? What is the ratio of the number of times you eat yogurt in a day to how many times you want to eat yogurt?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Erdman
United States
Waukesha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Yum!
mbmbmbmbmb
ErintheRed wrote:
Congratulations!

I feel like I don't have anything to ask you after dick yogurt and us being the same person, but I'll try and think of something

OMG. MORE LIL' GURT PICS PLEASE

Ok, I can do that, but you have to upload a picture of Mini Gurt.

I don't think he looks like me at all.

He definitely doesn't eat like me...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Erdman
United States
Waukesha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Yum!
mbmbmbmbmb
maytheodds wrote:
Congrats, I have a few questions. Why do you like yogurt so much? Any specific flavors? What is the ratio of the number of times you eat yogurt in a day to how many times you want to eat yogurt?

It's a kind of batman thing, I am lactose intolerant and to overcome my lactosity, I became the thing I was most afraid of.

I actually am not obsessed with yogurt. A long time ago when WoW first came out... My friends and I had bought the game together, but unfortunately I had to work while the game was still installing. When I got home my friends had already started playing and I needed to catch up. So I was making my character, and I had a yogurt (raspberry which is the best flavor) and just wanted to get into the game. So I named my character Yogurt. The next day I get into the game and find that I need to change my character name, because for some reason my friends chose to play on a Role Playing server where names are srs bsns. So I added the u and it has just kind of stuck with me ever since.

As for how many times I want to eat yogurt, 1 time or 1 million times, just depends on the day!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Erdman
United States
Waukesha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Yum!
mbmbmbmbmb
DeMorcerf wrote:
GURT! kiss

DEMO I MISSED YOUR KISS!!!! I AM SOOOO SORRY!!

kisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskiss
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Erdman
United States
Waukesha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Yum!
mbmbmbmbmb
Natsume wrote:
yougurt87 wrote:

What's your favorite sub there? Describe your favorite dream sub.

I don't have a favorite sub, that would be like choosing my favorite person in pbf, and I would feel like I was cheating. I can't do that to those poor subs. As for my favorite dream sub, as long as it has a pound of bacon on it, it will be my favorite sub.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Natalie
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Let the games begin
mbmbmbmbmb
If you could visit any place in the solar system - where would it be and why?

If there were 'creatures' on that planet, what would they be like?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt C
Canada
Truro
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Favourite game that everybody else hates?
Most hated game that everybody else loves?
Honey or Maple Syrup?
Have you ever had poutine?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niccolo Machiavelli
United States
I am where I need to be when I need to be.
flag msg tools
“A prince must imitate the fox and the lion, for the lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves."
badge
A life, some would argue, is a series of problems. There’s no denying the truth in that – but why get lost in it? Why not rise above the truth… and lead a good life? Shouldn’t we all look at problems as a chance for us to find… solutions?
mbmbmbmbmb
Who is one of your favorite authors?

What is one of your favorite books?

What is your favorite genre for books? for movies? for music?

If you could visit any one city in the world which city would it be?

What is your favorite sport to participate in? To watch?

What role set (lets say 10-14 roles) for PBF 2R1B would you like to play in? What about for live 2R1B?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.