Popular Tags: [View All]
Sam Hillier
Canada
St. Albert
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is my go-to solo experience, and it has a permanent place on my gaming table. As such, I want to make it as cool looking as possible. The first step was to improve upon the pre-painted minis, both the Knights and the Cities:

The cities use the same technique that others have done. It was simple and effective. I did touch up the coloured sections though, to make them brighter and layered.

The basing on the Knights, as well as some edge highlighting, makes a huge difference in appearance.

It's hard to paint right over the minis themselves. If I had more time, I should have primed and re-painted them fully, but I'm happy with what I have here.

So what's next? I'm looking to upgrade the mana crystals, probably to the sort found in Ascension or Compounded. I'm also looking to build an insert for the game, but my skills with foam core need some work (what's the best tool to cut it with??).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The One
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mb
Daybreak wrote:
I'm also looking to build an insert for the game, but my skills with foam core need some work (what's the best tool to cut it with??).

I use my teeth, but I've heard other people say an x acto(?) knife works well. I think anything with a sharp blade than can be refreshed/replaced cheaply works, as you need a really sharp edge to get a clean cut.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.