Android: Netrunner» Forums » Strategy

Subject: [Deck] Stealth Quest rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
★★★★☆
Canada
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
You don't study scaring, you just do it.
badge
I'm not even breaking a sweat.
mbmbmbmbmb
Silhouette: Stealth Operative (Honor and Profit)

Event (31)
2x Account Siphon (Core Set)
3x Easy Mark (Core Set)
3x Emergency Shutdown (Cyber Exodus)
2x Express Delivery (Honor and Profit)
3x Inside Job (Core Set)
3x Legwork (Honor and Profit)
3x Notoriety (Trace Amount) •••
3x Quest Completed (Fear and Loathing) ••••• •
3x Special Order (Core Set)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)
3x The Maker's Eye (Core Set) ••••• •

Hardware (2)
2x Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead)

Resource (2)
2x Daily Casts (Creation and Control)

Icebreaker (5)
1x Alias (Honor and Profit)
1x Breach (Honor and Profit)
1x Crypsis (Core Set)
1x Femme Fatale (Core Set)
1x Passport (Honor and Profit)

15 influence spent (max 15)
40 cards (min 40)
Cards up to Honor and Profit

Decklist published on NetrunnerDB.

----

Goals:
- Assault the central servers quickly, ideally scoring with Maker's Eye or Legwork in the first few turns.
- Use your Silhouette expose on the remotes and then Quest Completed when needed, otherwise Notoriety.

Potential points for discussion:
- The breaker suite is the new Alias/Breach/Passport suite plus a Femme and Crypsis for the late game.
- For econ we are running Casts over Kati as we wont have the extra clicks on the turns you are running.
- Other cards I considered adding were Planned Assault and Early Bird but I struggled to make room and keep it at 40 cards.

Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Norman
msg tools
I've been playing a deck like this and the main problem I have is economy. The central only breakers are not as efficient as you want them to be without datasuckers. Double so if you are planning on installing Crypsis and Femme. You have no sustainable economy like Kati.

You also have no wiggle room on Quest turns without doppelganger or early bird. That extra click can be huge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Ruman
Canada
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
It's significant influence hit, but with so many events don't you want a Levy? Also a Prepaid VoicePad or 2 might be nice. Or if you're running that much, maybe something like the new pay-for-breaker h/w would pay of?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
★★★★☆
Canada
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah I would have to drop Makers for the Levy, I would like them of course. Same Old Thing could work too but the heavy click cost doesn't work with the 3 run plan.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac W
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
And yet, I still bother.
mbmbmbmbmb
The first thing I look for in any criminal build is an answer to the question: "What happens if a breaker I need gets trashed?" In this deck, that looks to be a problem that mught come up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Chandler
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure where you'd want to get it, but in a deck like this, where 77.5% of your cards are events you're going to want some card draw.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
United States
flag msg tools
IMO you could get rid of the Legworks and Maker's Eyes.

Put in Early Bird for sure. You could also easily squeeze in an Oracle May.

They will both give you some click effieciency. The Oracle May might be a bit of a risk though with your one of breakers.

I think Sil needs card draw and Levy for recurrsion purposes. If you dont get your Special Orders you can Quality Time 11% of your deck to find the answer. Anything you discard can be Levy'd.

In a 40 card deck I think you leave yourself open to either having a gap where you run into a silver bullet. Or you have so many 2-1 ofs to not be consistent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Lundgren
Sweden
flag msg tools
YourHero wrote:
IMO you could get rid of the Legworks and Maker's Eyes.

Put in Early Bird for sure. You could also easily squeeze in an Oracle May.

They will both give you some click effieciency. The Oracle May might be a bit of a risk though with your one of breakers.

I think Sil needs card draw and Levy for recurrsion purposes. If you dont get your Special Orders you can Quality Time 11% of your deck to find the answer. Anything you discard can be Levy'd.

In a 40 card deck I think you leave yourself open to either having a gap where you run into a silver bullet. Or you have so many 2-1 ofs to not be consistent.

I agree with this. The deck needs Early Bird (or Doppelgänger, but I wouldn't run it). Playing 3x Quest Completed and 3x Notoriety will get your grip clogged with cards you would like to play, but just can't. Even though i think the centrals-only breaker and QC/Notoriety is strong, I don't think you should go all-in on it.

Even though the central breakers are good, I would have dropped all the QC's and possibly a Notoriety too, and use the influence for some other breakers, maybe 1x Corroder and 1x Gordian blade, and maybe gone for some more remote pressure instead. 2x Planned Assault and a one-of Running Interference maybe, but then it's no longer the central smashing deck you seem to want. =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Glenn
msg tools
mb
I think desperado is debatable against doppelganger, but you should definitely run one of them. Both are very powerful in this deck. Maybe the one-cost hardware that gives money for them? Maybe even voice pad, you'll use them a lot. If either of these go in, early bird is a great combo turn with your notorious quests, doubly so with doppelganger.

Faerie should definitely be in there, it makes face checking safe and breaking something big cheaply is awesome. And I agree that maybe one of your makers eye could be removed, and I suggest data suckers. You'll be running centrals a lot and they would save you a lot of money.

Instead of express delivery, maybe masanori is your man. You only have casts, and he might draw you a bonus card every turn. Either that or Mr Ali.

On that, I have no idea what I would cut, maybe a legwork. Add a siphon. Idk. But quest seems really cool, especially with the free expose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J W
Austria
flag msg tools
Have you considered Feint? Breaking through 3 servers can be very costly and neither Silhouette's ability nor Quest Completed/Notoriety care about the drawback of Feint.

I think planned assault could spare you some influence for Maker's Eye and you can decide whether you want Maker's Eye or Legwork in the current situation. Maybe something like 2x Legwork, 2xPlanned Assault, 2x Maker's Eye freeing up 2 influence (half a Levy).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Espinosa
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Played someone that had an event heavy deck like this one and they were playing only event economy cards like Lucky Find. But they had only one Economy resource which worked great for them. Oracle May. If you have 31 events cards in your deck you can run Oracle May without the need for motivation. It didn't matter if I saw Account Siphon or Vamp through Oracle Mays reveal. They had so much money I couldn't stop it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt - Conduit23
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love Doppelganger in this kind of deck. Here's what I've been playing.
Quote:
Notorious Quest
Silhouette Stealth Operative
15 influence spent (max 15) •••••••••••••••
40 cards (min 40)
Event (26)
3x Account Siphon
3x Dirty Laundry
1x Early Bird
3x Emergency Shutdown
2x Feint
2x Legwork
3x Notoriety •••
3x Quest Completed ••••• •
3x Special Order
3x Sure Gamble
Hardware (4)
2x Doppelgänger
2x Plascrete Carapace
Resource (2)
2x Same Old Thing
Icebreaker (6)
2x Alias
1x Corroder ••
1x Femme Fatale
2x Passport
Program (2)
2x Magnum Opus ••••

Have gone back and forth on tag me or no tags but Siphon is too strong at getting you up and running, and then Opus for the maintain.

Doppelganger lets you use 2 Notoriety/Quest Completed on any turn, and if you end up in a crazy late game situation the single Early Bird can enable you to play 3! Also the Account Siphon, ID to reveal remote, Doppel run into remote that they can no longer rez ICE on all in one click play is priceless.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wabi Sabi Will

Oregon
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel like Security Testing would be better than Daily Casts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Galbraith
Canada
Lower Sackville
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've started trying this deck as Andromeda. I had problems with getting the cards I needed ASAP, and I wanted to start running pretty much as soon as possible to force Rez's from the Corp. I had only used Silhouette's ability a couple times where it was actually useful (most of the time I'd been checking ICE enough to already know all of them and they would have no assets/agendas/upgrades out...)

Here's the decklist I've been playing with. It's heavily based on the Notorious Daily Quester deck.

Andromeda Notorious Daily Quester

Andromeda: Dispossessed Ristie (Humanity's Shadow)

Event (26)
2x Dirty Laundry (Creation and Control)
3x Emergency Shutdown (Cyber Exodus)
2x Feint (Honor and Profit)
3x Legwork (Honor and Profit)
3x Notoriety (Trace Amount) •••
2x Quality Time (Humanity's Shadow) ••
3x Quest Completed (Fear and Loathing) ••••• •

Hardware (7)
2x Doppelgänger (A Study in Static)
2x Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead)
3x Prepaid VoicePAD (Second Thoughts)

Resource (3)
3x Same Old Thing (Creation and Control)

Icebreaker (7)
2x Alias (Honor and Profit)
2x Breach (Honor and Profit)
1x Femme Fatale (Core Set)
2x Passport (Honor and Profit)

Program (2)
2x Magnum Opus (Core Set) ••••

45 cards (min 45)

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
★★★★☆
Canada
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
@Brad, How have you been finding Opus in that deck? I saw some others with a similar style were running it but I always found it too expensive (credits and influence) for something that also took up MU. I feel like I would rather run Kati.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
★★★★☆
Canada
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is my updated list.

Stealth Quest v2 (40 cards)

Silhouette: Stealth Operative

Event (28)
3 Account Siphon
3 Dirty Laundry
3 Easy Mark
2 Feint
2 Lawyer Up
3 Legwork
3 Notoriety •••
3 Quest Completed ••••• •
3 Special Order
3 Sure Gamble

Hardware (2)
2 Doppelganger

Resource (4)
2 Kati Jones
2 Same Old Thing

Icebreaker (6)
1 Alias
1 Breach
3 Knight ••••• •
1 Passport

Built with http://netrunner.meteor.com/

---

Trying out knights as a bit of a twist.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Galbraith
Canada
Lower Sackville
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Heisenberg wrote:
@Brad, How have you been finding Opus in that deck? I saw some others with a similar style were running it but I always found it too expensive (credits and influence) for something that also took up MU. I feel like I would rather run Kati.

Honestly, it's awesome. It's so awesome that sometimes I get frustrated when I draw into Sure Gamble instead of Legwork or Emergency Shutdown when I already have a Magnum out. MU isn't a problem either. 3 for my 3 central breakers and 2 for MO. I haven't run into a situation where I need the Femme out in addition to all 3 breakers yet, and I expect it will suck really bad.

I also keep getting in situations where I wish I had some Inside Jobs to get past 1 Ice servers that I know have agendas. It can get pretty pricey to run all 3 centrals for a QC. I'm not sure how to change it yet, want to get a few more games under my belt with this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
★★★★☆
Canada
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is exactly why I have knights. It is a bit more of an investment but it lasts longer.

I cut my shutdowns from my OP to try out Lawyer Up, I am also not running Quality time so Lawyer Up filled a little whole there too. I think I need to change them back though...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spyder Murphy
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I'm curious as to why none of the Silhouette builds are running sneak door.

With no Sneak Door and central only breakers all the ICE is landing on HQ/RD (excluding the token EtR on the remote)

With Sneakdoor they would have to put a heavy dose of ICE on Archives as well because of your "Tomb Raiding" (tm)

Yes there is MU issues but Sneakdoor can be played as a "fire and forget" card, used only as long as it's viable to keep HQ runs cheap then is replaced by Magnum Opus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Glenn
msg tools
mb
I feel that quest completed is best with silhouette, its a huge waste of resources to access Howard or nisei.

As far as sneak door in silhouette, it would be useful definitely, but not a staple like it is in gabe. It basically costs Gabe 2 bucks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's my take on the archetype...comments?

Notorious Stealth Blackmail Quest

Silhouette: Stealth Operative (Honor and Profit)

Event (29)
2x Blackmail (Fear and Loathing)
2x Early Bird (Honor and Profit)
3x Feint (Honor and Profit)
1x Frame Job (Opening Moves) ••
3x Infiltration (Core Set)
3x Inside Job (Core Set)
1x Levy AR Lab Access (Creation and Control) •••
2x Lucky Find (Double Time) ••••
2x Notoriety (Trace Amount) ••
2x Quest Completed (Fear and Loathing) ••••

Hardware (6)
3x Logos (Honor and Profit)
3x Prepaid VoicePAD (Second Thoughts)

Resource (5)
1x Data Dealer (Core Set)
1x Mr. Li (Future Proof)
3x Same Old Thing (Creation and Control)

Icebreaker (3)
1x Alias (Honor and Profit)
1x Breach (Honor and Profit)
1x Passport (Honor and Profit)

Program (1)
1x Sneakdoor Beta (Core Set)

44 cards (min 40)

Decklist published on NetrunnerDB.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.