Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jose Huerta
United States
Plymouth
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
not as of yet....it would be hard because of the battle choices...not everything can be AI'd in my opinion. The decisions of when, how, and how much of are all too much for a solo variant....AI on compy with complex algorithms could work...but I can't see solo being A. Easy or B. Fun

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Buonocore
United States
Warren
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking to get this game once its price drops back down to where it should be, and a decent solitaire variant would definitely be a plus.

Don't totally give up on this possibility -- viable solitaire variants have been developed for games more complex than this! And there are a lot of creative gamers out there.

Stay tuned...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Brown
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would think solo would be easy. Not like you have any hidden cards to surprise on someone. Roll dice and see what you get and use it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cornixt
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You'd really need an app.

I suppose you could come up with a low-tech randomized attacks and defense each turn by rolling a few D6, but I'm not sure how much fun it would be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian K
England
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dorb wrote:
I would think solo would be easy. Not like you have any hidden cards to surprise on someone. Roll dice and see what you get and use it.

Yes, what I think of as 'wargamer solo' (playing both sides as well as you can and seeing what happens) will work fine with this game.

I can play Combat Commander solo with two hands of cards and two strategies on the map, so I can certainly solo this game which has no hidden info.

If solo played against the game is your thing, then I agree it will be more problematic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Judnick
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmb
Bobble Hat wrote:
Dorb wrote:

Yes, what I think of as 'wargamer solo' (playing both sides as well as you can and seeing what happens) will work fine with this game.

I can play Combat Commander solo with two hands of cards and two strategies on the map, so I can certainly solo this game which has no hidden info.

If solo played against the game is your thing, then I agree it will be more problematic.

This is what I've done. It's more of a simulation than anything, but still fun to run through if you really want to play a game and don't have an opponent. It also helps if you are trying to find meta to defeat the current meta.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. H. Horatio
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
The Future is a Game
mbmbmbmbmb
HawkeyeLonewolf wrote:
Does the game come with any solo rules or challenges, ala Star Realms?

There is zero hidden information in this game. Just play both sides to win and see what happens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Georg Bauer
Germany
Münster
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, Magic got it's Horde Variant for solo or coop play, so I guess at least something like Horde could be done for Dice Masters, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat Nas
Netherlands
Middelburg
Zeeland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jhoratio wrote:
HawkeyeLonewolf wrote:
Does the game come with any solo rules or challenges, ala Star Realms?

There is zero hidden information in this game. Just play both sides to win and see what happens.

This!
I tried it solo to get the rules down, but it turned out to be a great game to play solo.
So much so that this (and Uncanny X -Men) is at the moment my favorite solo game!
It's cool to try different combinations against each other and since there is no hidden info and the the dice rolls make it highly tactical (as most options are only set after your (re)roll) it's a very cool game for two sided solo.

It's quick to set up, quick to play and has an addictive quality I can't quite explain...
A very valid solo buy in my book! thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duane Banzon
Philippines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We could script an AI (or at very least a flowchart) for it! If Brotherhood, Re-roll if X. Juggernaut Must Attack at turn X. Stuff like that. I can see a scripting, but I think it would be for the best for everyone if an app suddenly appears.

:sauron

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmb
I've also been interested in all the dice (mainly because of the game's portability). I haven't played it, but have been watching gameplay videos on YouTube.

I think playing both sides equally would work well. As others have stated, there really isn't hidden information. Any strategy you work out seems to succeed or fail on the next side's die rolls.

When player's haven't been around, I've set up Risk games with multiple sides. I just get a kick out of watching the various colored armies ebb and flow across the map.

The advantage of someone working out some "opposing" algorithms is that you it wouldn't be you playing your strategy against your strategy.

I do love the big bag of dice. I wish I had it on long, boring business trips. Video games only go so far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guyver FeroZ
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There was a thing called "Galactus Mode" floating around it used a customized d6 to control the turns of Galactus and one character with special rules to act as the herald. It used to be here but I think the link is dead now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul K.
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
guyveroz wrote:
There was a thing called "Galactus Mode" floating around it used a customized d6 to control the turns of Galactus and one character with special rules to act as the herald. It used to be here but I think the link is dead now.

http://www.thereservepool.com/content/311-Dice-Masters-Commu...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Link 2dahpast
msg tools
mb
I'd also like to pitch in and say that this game is great solo. Actually I've been playing this game solo (my wife hates it and won't play anymore) for about a year and i still enjoy going against the most evil team i can construct. Or sometimes I will pit a Batman team against a Superman team just to see what happens. Since dice are involved you really don't know what will happen even when you play you're best as both sides.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike M
msg tools
I have come up with a quick solo game since I picked up the TMNT set(Probably going to work on expanding it as I get familiar with the game)

Set up your team and action cards as per a normal game.

For your opponent select a number of opponent dice (minimum 3). These dice will become the opposing forces you will fight against. Roll these dice and set aside any dice that have character stats, roll the rest and repeat until all dice have stats (and not energy symbols). Now these dice will represent the opposing line of enemies.

The players turn will flow as normal. However (in this version of the rules), the enemies will not attack, only defend. The opponent will not perform any actions.

The objective of the game is to KO out all opponents as quickly as possible. Once all opponents have been removed, the next time the player deals damage to the now defenseless opponent, they win the game, with a score equal to the damage dealt.

IN the end this game is best to be used to orientate yourself with card and dice strategies and how to speed up your game and tactics.

Enjoy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.