flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello

I have some questions.

Example:

Level II Duwal

Level I Tinker - Sniper X (link ability) - Avenger

And I now play Dalister above of Sniper X who has a link ability which is triggered because of Dalister.

Level II Duwal - Dalister

Level I Tinker - Sniper X (link ability) - Avenger

Dalister's "Come into play" ability: Swaps 2 cards of the same level etc....

Question 1:
If I swap Dalister with Duwal, will the Sniper X be able to trigger his link ability?

Question 2:
If I swap Sniper X with Avenger, will the Sniper X be able to trigger his link ability?

Question 3:
For a link ability to take effect, are this cards (Sniper and Dalister) supposed to stay in place (without swap) until the end of my turn?

Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spyros Koronis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From this thread:

MB75 wrote:
Everything is explained on page 11, specifically:

Come into play: '..the effects are triggered when the card is played, either through normal recruitment process or through the mutation of another Goblin.'

Links: '..the effects are triggered whenever a card of the same clan comes into play either on its right, above it, on its left or below it.'

Swapping =/= coming into play, therefore swapping does not trigger links.

As an aside, you will never trigger links without having triggered and resolved another card's mutate (if applicable) and 'come into play' abilities first.

So the answer to all three of your questions is "No"; swapping does not trigger links, and link abilities trigger when the card comes into play, regardless of its final position.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Desi

Washington
msg tools
Wrong.. swapping does create links. And rulebook says so explicitly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.