Subject: Card/Sleeve question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Don Barree
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
General Bonkers says the War on String may be unwinnable. Detractors worry that his statements will embolden string.
mbmbmbmbmb
I see a lot of posts that recommend using cut down red FFG sleeves which are 44mm x 68mm for the smaller cards in this game. Can anyone tell me the exact size of these cards? I'm wondering if the Mayday Mini Chimera sleeves are a better option. They are 43mm x 65mm. I'm placing an order today and would like to add the sleeves to the order but I'm not sure if the slightly narrower Mayday sleeves will work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lines J. Hutter
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got the game and the Mayday sleeves here and gave them a try.

If the 43x65 (sleeve size: 45x66,5) were half a mm wider they would be perfect. Actually you can squeeze the cards in but they will bend slightly (and really only slightly) because of the pressure from the sides. Mayday sleeves often vary in sizes by some micrometer so if you have luck and get some slightly wider versions they could work. Or you could try to squeeze them in and press them between some book pages or so.

The blue MiniEuros (45x68 (sleeve size: 47x71)) are slightly too wide (but acceptable) but around 5mm too long. That doesn't look nice.

Meassuring the cards as exact as possible I come up with 44x63.

Since none of these cards are taken in you hand more than once or twice per game, and only one deck actually gets shuffled, I decided to let them unsleeved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Barree
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
General Bonkers says the War on String may be unwinnable. Detractors worry that his statements will embolden string.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the response. I'll either leave them unsleeved or use the cut down FFG red sleeves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I found this Item for Geeklist "Card Sleeve Sizes for Games" really helpful for learning about which sleeves to get.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.