Zeb
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
You found me!
badge
Hiss.
mbmbmbmbmb
After this discussion I was determined to make the ridiculous interaction between Caprice and Off the Grid work in a deck. The plan is to stack HQ with taxing ice (advanced to tax more) and Caprice Nisei (You also want to protect R&D). Have Off the Grid installed in a remote and use melange/score agendas boldly behind no remote ice.

Low agenda density prevents fruitful runs and gives time to set up big ice. Advanceable ice hard counters Atman, Knight, and other fixed breakers and can boost econ through commercialization. Almost ever runner uses Corroder as their fracter so this deck aims to make breaking ice with corroder unfeasibly expensive. Interns for Off the Grid, Caprice, and Melange.

Not sold on Cadeceus and didn't like Shadow in this deck. I would appreciate ice recommendations. Thinking about Curtain Wall, but don't like the positional qualification; I'll probably add 1.

This is a very slow deck, but God help you if you let this deck get set up. Has won a couple league games. Without further ado:

Caprice goes Off the Grid (49 cards)

Weyland Consortium: Because We Built It

Agenda (7)
3 Government Contracts
3 Priority Requisition
1 Project Atlas

Asset (2)
2 Melange Mining Corp

Upgrade (6)
3 Caprice Nisei
3 Off the Grid

Operation (19)
3 Beanstalk Royalties
3 Commercialization
3 Hedge Fund
3 Interns
3 Restructure
3 Shipment from Kaguya
1 Subliminal Messaging

Barrier (6)
3 Hadrian's Wall
3 Ice Wall

Code Gate (4)
3 Enigma
1 Tollbooth

Sentry (5)
2 Caduceus
1 Rototurret
2 Swarm

Weaknesses:
-By far, the major weakness of this deck is Sneakdoor Beta. Sneakdoor doesn't invalidate this deck, but definitely provides the greatest challenge against this deck.

Watch out for:
-Femme (although Femme is limited and basically all of your ice is a good target)
-Feint (Haven't played against Feint yet, but not good for obvious reasons)
-Inside Job (less dangerous than Feint but still so)
-Unregistered S&W (can kill Caprice repeatedly, although not a hard counter to the deck as a whole)
-Emergency Shutdown (Usually good to have an advanced ice wall to counter this)

Play against:
-Kit
-Criminal without Sneakdoor
-Big Rig
-fixed breaker suite with datasucker
-Parasite Recursion
-Vamp/Siphon econ denial decks
-Hemorrhage
-Literally anything other than Sneakdoor OHGODWHY

This deck is a lot of fun, but settle in for the long game! (Don't bring this to a tournament please)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Barnett
United Kingdom
Northwich
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Might dust off my old Off the Grid list and bring in Caprice to replace Akitaro.

One question that strikes me how often to you find yourself using the advance option? Do you find you get your money's worth compared to Building a Better World?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zeb
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
You found me!
badge
Hiss.
mbmbmbmbmb
metagaia wrote:
Might dust off my old Off the Grid list and bring in Caprice to replace Akitaro.

One question that strikes me how often to you find yourself using the advance option? Do you find you get your money's worth compared to Building a Better World?

On one hand, I do play a lot of transactions, but on the other, advancing ice is very important for this deck and I do it almost every turn. The game usually goes long so overall, I think BWBI has an advantage. (Also I want to play the ID!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JPG
Canada
Sherwood Park
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

In an Off the Grid deck I had I used Research Station to increase hand size and tried to hold agendas in HQ. Atlas can help you find them and make R&D worthless to hit.

Not sure what you could cut for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad McCoy
msg tools
Have you considered using GRNDL Refinery? It provides more credits per click, allows you to not use your whole turn on Melange, and provides a target for Kaguya.

Replacing Melange maybe?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Trundle
msg tools
mb
Not sold on Enigma here -- if the idea is taxing ice, this is an odd fit. Also, if Feint is a concern, Guard seems like it might be worth some attention.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zeb
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
You found me!
badge
Hiss.
mbmbmbmbmb
strundle wrote:
Not sold on Enigma here -- if the idea is taxing ice, this is an odd fit. Also, if Feint is a concern, Guard seems like it might be worth some attention.

I see your point--the Enigmas were basically cheap, 0-influence, ETR codegates with the potential of stealing a click. I do need some early game ice before I can afford to rez multiple Hadrian's

This deck was constructed before Honor and Profit, but you're right that Guard might be a good add.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Brown
United States
Gorham
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I must admit that, once this has it's ICE in place, this is a very formidable deck to deal with. I played Zeb this past Tuesday and I ended up just giving up because I could not foresee any way that my deck was going to be able to make it through to R&D without breaking the bank repeatedly and/or into HQ. Glad you've posted this, Zeb.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maëlig B
msg tools
I think this might work better in jinteki. Medtech is a great ID here - playing less cards means more reliable access to caprice + off the grid. Shy.kyu means the runner has to score 3 agendas vs 2 for you. Celebrity gift and akitaro watanabe are good econ cards. Wall of thorns and inazuma are good taxing ice.Something like this maybe?

Harmony Medtech: Biomedical Pioneer (Honor and Profit)

Agenda (6)
3x Priority Requisition (Core Set)
3x The Future Perfect (Honor and Profit)

Asset (6)
3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves) •••
3x Shi.Kyū (Honor and Profit)

Upgrade (8)
2x Akitaro Watanabe (Core Set)
3x Caprice Nisei (Double Time)
3x Off the Grid (Second Thoughts) ••••• ••••

Operation (10)
3x Celebrity Gift (Opening Moves)
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
2x Interns (Mala Tempora)
2x Subliminal Messaging (Fear and Loathing)

Barrier (6)
3x Bastion (Creation and Control)
3x Wall of Thorns (Core Set)

Code Gate (4)
2x Inazuma (Honor and Profit)
2x Yagura (Fear and Loathing)

Sentry (4)
1x Komainu (Honor and Profit)
3x Tsurugi (True Colors)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nushura
Japan
Sendai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed, OTG works better in anything except Weyland. I had a "reasonable" deck with HB (and Stronger Together!!).

The problem is that OTG is f****** expensive. Even if you manage to install and rezz one, the first thng you want to do is melange during 3 turns to recover the cost of the first OTF and have money for the second.

During this time the runner will do what they want...against big rig you are ok because they need to hard money. But Sneakdoor, parasites, R&D lock, etc...you will be in trouble

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.