Popular Tags: [View All]
Duane Bruun
United States
Normal
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just curious as to players thoughts on play surfaces for Epic Play.

Would you prefer to have 2 3x3 mats that fit together to form one continuous image or a 3x6 mat that was in all one piece?

I can see the benefit of either: with 2 3x3 mats, you have flexibility in that you have a mat to use in a regular game but there is something kind of cool about a full 3x6.

Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a 4' x 6' mat (can fold in 1' to make it 3' x 6') and we often put a string across it to mark the border for 2x 3' x 3' play areas in tournaments. But it's great for Epic, and better than two separate 3' x 3' mats for that purpose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Chav
United States
Taylorsville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use the extra large yoga mat cut into to equal halves. Consistent flow and I have two regular play mats. Everyone I have played with loves the 'battle' mats as I call them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon NyD

Denver
Colorado
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will be building another one of my playmats - 1mm shelf liner on top of hardboard. I built one that's 4x3 and folds down to 1x3 for transport. When I use the two of them, the total area will be 4x6 but I painted 6" of fade pattern on the long ends to make it a 3x3 play area.

If I used mats instead, I would gladly carry both a 3x3 and a 3x6 to handle either situation. I'm sure they would easily roll up together and fit in the same tube.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HCD has a new 3x3 neoprene mouse pad material starfield mat and I have 2 on pre-order for Epic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jetfire wrote:
HCD has a new 3x3 neoprene mouse pad material starfield mat and I have 2 on pre-order for Epic.

I didn't know the Heroine and Cocaine Depot sold neoprene mats.

(Please define your acronym. K thx bye)

*edit* Fixed typo.

(could easily have gone with Heroine Character Designer as the acronym, though)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Disgustipater
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
iNano78 wrote:
I didn't know the Heroine and Cocaine Depot sold neoprene mats.

What do heroines and cocaine have to do with each other?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Dorko
msg tools
I have one 6x3 piece of felt that I fold in half for non-epic games. I was going to cut it into two 3x3 and then they announced Epic, so I left it uncut.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.