• [+] Dice rolls
Caleb
United States
Seminole
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting. I find India to be the strongest country, though Brazil definitely is in the running. India particularly has a pretty easy time grabbing Australia and the surrounding territory and its remote location makes it hard for other countries to dislodge.

I've found that EU and RUS are the two weakest, as you show.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean D.
Canada
Langley
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have all the stats from my 12 or so games as well, I'll post them here when I get a chance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kotofey Usov
Russia
flag msg tools
I think Russia is playable as China and USA, in my statistics Russia was often controlled by newbies. Results of these countries depend on diplomacy.
Brazil and USA have non-aggression pact in 50% games and thats why develop well. But eurasian countries constantly fight among themselves.
And EU - is outsider.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Gola
United States
Redding
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
and everything under the sun is in tune
mbmbmbmbmb
Good stuff. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward B.
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting. I've kept some of my score sheets, but not all.

Were all of these played with the same group? I'd expect that to slant results somewhat.

From what I've seen, I don't think any country is inherently more inclined to accumulate power than any other.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Loehn
Germany
Kleinostheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kotofey wrote:
I think Russia is playable as China and USA, in my statistics Russia was often controlled by newbies. Results of these countries depend on diplomacy.
Brazil and USA have non-aggression pact in 50% games and thats why develop well. But eurasian countries constantly fight among themselves.
And EU - is outsider.

Brazil and US only have a non-aggression pact if I control them both.

I never had diplomacy in any of my Imperial games. "Non-aggression" in our games comes from bond distribution and not from table talk. I think Imperial is not made for diplomacy.

BTW, my experience so far:
- Brazil does best, followed closely by India.
- China rarely wins but usually does better then expected (sandwiched between two enemies). It usually catches up near the end because there are a lot of provinces it could grap if it is strong in military.
- US and EU usually do poor. Unlike UK in original Imperial US can´t turtle by controlling the sea and is unable to defend enough provinces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amos
United States
Bement
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Countries don't win. Players do :/.

I agree that Brazil is the biggest one to watch out for. But playing any single country as "your" country and attempting to win "as" that country is not a good way to play at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.