Games Unlimited
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Card text:

When fielded choose an opponent's character card. (except purchase cost and the die faces) Mystique copies that card until the next Mystique is fielded.

My question - are all instances of the original character's name in the card text changed to Mystique? A lot of card text refers to the character by name which would make Mystique copying it useless.

Nit-picky example - Nightcrawler Abandoned says: At the end of the attack step knock out a character that blocked Nightcrawler. If Mystique copies this then it refers to Mystique right?

Less nit-picky example - Punisher Vigilante: When Punisher assigns to attack, search your bag for a Punisher die and put it into your prep area. Can I search for another Mystique? What if I'm also running Punisher - can I search for him? For both?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Beazer
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems like it ought to be true that all the text would be replaced with Mystique. But it sure doesn't say that. I think unless/until errata'd, you have to take it exactly as written on the copied card.

I guess this is incentive to choose carefully which card you copy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Byer
United States
Fishers
IN
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Your Mystique retains all of her original die faces and gains the text of the copied card, when you play a new mystique you can change the card she is copying. She copies the CARD that would be everything except the die faces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ICE 0ne
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"When a die copies another die, text that references the die's name applies to the copying die as well."

I would think the same thing would apply when copying cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.