Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex Johns
United States
Huntersville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules state during the cleanup phase to "discard all unconstructed buildings that are on the table", but the buildings are stacked in the setup phase where some are on another building tile, while one of each size is directly "on the table" (see initial setup phase in rulebook). Do you discard just the buildings that are physically on the table and leave the face up buildings that are stacked for the next turn, or do all face up buildings get discarded from the buildings area, or does this only refer to buildings that were voted on but not constructed due to budget constraints/EC committee chair decision? I have read this board and the rule book over and over and still do not fully understand this part of the cleanup phase. Let me know if I am being too literal or if this is a valid concern.

will try to watch some of the videos on the game, like Rahdo and see if it is covered there, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Johns
United States
Huntersville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
finally had some time to watch the Rahdo video, and he explained the issue clearly. the buildings on the table get discarded, but the ones on the stacks stay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. M. Lopez-Cepero "CP"
Spain
Seville
Andalucia
flag msg tools
EU-friendly Kickstarters rule!
badge
"The twilight there holds a serene beauty... You have seen it yourself as the sun sets on this world."
mbmbmbmbmb
That's correct, the buildings on the stacks stay and then get dealt to another position on the market as part of the setup of the next turn. So the building at the top of each stack gets two chances to be constructed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wim Leenaerts
Belgium
Beerse
Antwerp
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
discard all unconstructed buildings that are on the table

The problem was you should have been more literal instead of less, because the rules clearly state 'on' the table, the buildings on the stacks or not on the table but on the stacks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. M. Lopez-Cepero "CP"
Spain
Seville
Andalucia
flag msg tools
EU-friendly Kickstarters rule!
badge
"The twilight there holds a serene beauty... You have seen it yourself as the sun sets on this world."
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to round this up, there's a NOTE right after the relevant part in the "Turn end and replenishing" section which reads: "NOTE: The buildins on top of the stacks are not discarded and will be used when drawing tiles for the new turn."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Johns
United States
Huntersville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
you are right, there is a note, but the note seemed to clash with what the rules were saying enough in my mind to ask here. I'm looking forward to playing this game this weekend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.