Simon Hunt
United States
Roseville
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
The night before, Dave and I had played through a sample game of Tempus, with a dummy third player, just to get the rules down. We both decided what the dummy player would do, and never bothered to give him IDEAS. This meant that we didn't have to deal with the cards and fog of war when dealing with him, but it also made him a weak player. 2-player Tempus does not work well this way, but it was sufficient for us to get to grips with the mechanics of the game.

This Sunday evening my wife Kris was able to sit down and play with us, so we explained the rules and set up the board for a 3-player game.

For much of the early part of the game our 3 civilizations were in our own parts of the continent, living in harmony and peace. At around the 6th or 7th era, I counted up and saw that Dave was going to run away with a victory if I didn't do something about it. So I mounted an attack and wiped out one of his cities (a '3') and followed that up by building a '4' city over the ruins (supported by good Sanitation).

When it came to the final era, and flight was discovered, we counted up to find:

Kris = 24
Dave = 18
Simon = 18

Kris had been quietly spreading her purple people whilst we had been engaged in fisticuffs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Myers
United States
Salem
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A similar thing happened to us in our first game. My son and I had a couple of skirmishs, while my brother in-law kept spreading out his empire.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.