Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Foster
United States
Jacksonville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I was left scratching my head when the game's full content was revealed and Chaos Warriors didn't make the cut. They have to be one of Warhammer's most recognizable units and, let's face it, they're just plain cool. To make it worse, upon playing the current Chaos list, it seems to me what is missing is a big, beefy infantry unit that will draw your opponent's attention while your Bloodthirster positions himself for an attack. Exactly the role that Chaos Warriors would fill.

No problem though, I thought. Our Warriors just missed a turn somewhere in the Chaos Wastes and will be arriving in time for the first expansion. The Sniper Troll has done a great job of compiling what we know about the new expansions in this post, and it leaves little hope that the Warriors are on their way: http://snipertroll.wordpress.com/2014/03/05/beards-bones-and...

So far we know that we are getting Daemonettes of Slaanesh, another light infantry unit that appear to be only marginally better than the Kurgan Marauders, and Screamers of Tzeentch, which will probably turn out to be another low toughness, high mobility kind of unit. So just where the heck are the Warriors?! I know it's all speculation at this point and we very well get them, but I for one will be horribly disappointed if we dont.

While I have your attention, does anyone have any ideas on how Chaos Warriors could be adapted to Diskwars, what their stats should be? I'm thinking high toughness, strength, and counter strength, and you could set them apart from the game's other infantry units by giving them 1 stamina. Their one weakness should be their speed, which should be no more than 3.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nushura
Japan
Sendai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not an expert in Warhammer lore, but certainly the Chaos army is lacking in the melee aspect. The 4 factions have a "regular" melee unit and an "elite" melee one (even elves!). The elite melee unit for the Chaos army (Plaguebearers) are not so good in melee due to their slow trait.

Still, I feel that the army's strength lies in the vast amount of tricks they have. They can reinforce a Bloodthirster and immediately resolve the engagement (I have seen heavy heroes such as Luthor die in a turn without doing a wound and having no option to respond), several interesting impact units, etc.

The point is, if you want to reinforce their melee aspect, you will probably have to make a mixed army
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Bottorff
msg tools
mb
I also find plaugebearers to be quite useful though you do have to be careful with them.

That said, I agree that the major strength in melee of chaos is focused more around their heros, elite units, and cavalry and that they could use to have a beefy infantry as a distraction (plauge bearers are beefy in the sense of high toughness but fragile in the sense that if they're in a melee and have either previously taken damage or are up against something that can kill them, they'll likely die without inflicting any damage).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus Ryan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The whole cool thing about the WH universe is that each race plays so differently. There's probably a niche for the Chaos Infantry, and the Chaos "gods" are already mentioned on some of the units in the core set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.