Subject: Trained Bands in Playbook Play-Through rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick B
United States
Saint Louis
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Page 15, "Robin moves Essex and his army on Oxford with the 3 Ops Cards, picking up the London Trained Bands upon Activation in case he can use the Trained Bands Combat Card in Battle."

Now, Trained Bands says "Add two to your Battle Total if you are the Parliament player and have at least one Parliament Southern Brigade in the battle."

Looking at the London trained Bands chit: it's not S, it's E. So I'm a bit confused by this: from the chits that the Parliament players has with Essex, none of these are S chits, so I don't see how the player can used Trained Bands.

Clarification?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Łukasz
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
Non vi sed virtute, not armis sed arte paritur victoria.
badge
e^{i · π} + 1 = 0
mb
An error, I suppose; the playbook text may come from the pre-release version of the game in which LTB were from the South.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Buergel
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
Yes, that seems to be a Playbook error.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Vasey
England
Mortlake, London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bignickel wrote:
Page 15, "Robin moves Essex and his army on Oxford with the 3 Ops Cards, picking up the London Trained Bands upon Activation in case he can use the Trained Bands Combat Card in Battle."

Now, Trained Bands says "Add two to your Battle Total if you are the Parliament player and have at least one Parliament Southern Brigade in the battle."

Looking at the London trained Bands chit: it's not S, it's E. So I'm a bit confused by this: from the chits that the Parliament players has with Essex, none of these are S chits, so I don't see how the player can used Trained Bands.

Clarification?

Extend the card to cover the LTB unit as well as Southern units.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Stimpson
United States
Westminster
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Charles Vasey wrote:
bignickel wrote:

Clarification?

I guess I've always taken that card at face value: I've used it for S brigades only, and never even noticed the title of the card...!

But, my Lord, is your comment above to be taken as an official living rule? Must I desecrate card 79 with a ball-point scribble?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Vasey
England
Mortlake, London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cstimpson wrote:
Charles Vasey wrote:
bignickel wrote:

Clarification?

I guess I've always taken that card at face value: I've used it for S brigades only, and never even noticed the title of the card...!

But, my Lord, is your comment above to be taken as an official living rule? Must I desecrate card 79 with a ball-point scribble?

There are no official living rules; we are votaries of Chaos
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Stimpson
United States
Westminster
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shouldn't that be in the Religious forum/thread?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Vasey
England
Mortlake, London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The question of whether London was South or East detained me for some time back in 2003, It can recruit both (from memory) but the number of South brigades is particularly important in the clash between Waller and Hopton; it is often the Area that empties earliest. I cannot find any evidence of the LTB ever being S units though, so I'm guessing it is just an error.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.