Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Last night, Kim was claiming that, on account of the absence of the word "other" in its text, Magic counts itself as a Maneuver for the purpose of giving itself extra Power. Which makes it +3 Power even before any other Maneuvers are played.
I call shenanigans on that interpretation, as that is ridiculously overpowered for a 4-cost card.

Anyone?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hyra
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
The card was misprinted.
We are reprinting it in the Smaug expansion.
The wording is supposed to be:

+1 Power and an additional +1 Power for each different Maneuver you play or have played this turn (including this one).

Thanks,
Matt Hyra
Cryptozoic R&D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Matt Hyra wrote:
The card was misprinted.
We are reprinting it in the Smaug expansion.
The wording is supposed to be:

+1 Power and an additional +1 Power for each different Maneuver you play or have played this turn (including this one).

Thanks,
Matt Hyra
Cryptozoic R&D

Okay, cool. Thanks, Matt!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Richards
msg tools
Hey Matt,

just noticed that you mentioned the "Smaug Expansion". Are you referring to the second Hobbit Deck Building Game? Or are you referring to an expansion built on to the first game?

I've heard rumours of expansions to the LoTR deck building games, but there's a lot of confusion from everyone I've asked about it.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Richards
msg tools
Oh, and just FYI, this game is AMAZING!!! Easily my favourite of the three games so far. SO many different combos and synergies throughout the game, some real excitement with cards like Riddles and I love the new system with starting cards and archenemies ambushes and loot. Great job Matt - if the RoTK game and Hobbit sequels are as great as this game I will be stoked.

The only minor curiosity I had about the game though was that so many of the cards are really, really dark. Many of them you have to really look to even see what it's a picture of, and of course the pictures add a lot of impact to the game. Just a minor quip though, overall an amazing and fun game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hyra
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Smaug is going to be an expansion to the Hobbit Deck-building Game.
There will not be a standalone Smaug DBG.

Yes, the art turned out a bit too dark, so we are going to lighten it up in house before sending it to the factory in the future.

Thanks,
Matt Hyra
Cryptozoic R&D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnny Firestorm
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
Wait, the game is out already?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hyra
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Not in North America, yet. Soon...

Thanks,
Matt Hyra
Cryptozoic R&D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason

Las Vegas
Nevada
msg tools
Are you saying future games will have better images? Or reprints of The Hobbit will have the better images? Should I wait to get this when the graphics are improved?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hyra
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
There won't be a reprint. Not for a movie franchise that is ending this year.

We will improve the brightness on future games that use dark movie images.

Thanks,
Matt Hyra
Cryptozoic R&D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.