Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
98 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Trades

Subject: May 2014 European Math Trade discussion thread - submit wantlists until Tuesday 27 May rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Δημητρης Βασιαδης
Greece
Ζωγραφου, Αθηνα
Αττική
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all!
This is the discussion thread for the May 2014 European Math Trade.

many thanks to Chris
Christopher Gritt
United Kingdom
Brighton
East Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

for his effort in running this trade for so many years to our benefit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Δημητρης Βασιαδης
Greece
Ζωγραφου, Αθηνα
Αττική
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: May 2014 European Math Trade discussion thread
May european math trade geeklist:

http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/173399/may-2014-european-m...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam 'Fenn' Fenton
Scotland
Falkirk
flag msg tools
200 Geekgold and all I got was this lousy Overtext
badge
Oooh - I got this Overtext too!
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: May 2014 European Math Trade discussion thread - phase 1 - offering games until Thursday 15 May
Base the Bass wrote:

I feel slightly wrong in starting the trade with geekgold, but I waited a while and everyone else seems to be asleep...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Δημητρης Βασιαδης
Greece
Ζωγραφου, Αθηνα
Αττική
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: May 2014 European Math Trade discussion thread - phase 1 - offering games until Thursday 15 May
swampers wrote:
I feel slightly wrong in starting the trade with geekgold, but I waited a while and everyone else seems to be asleep...
Not at all my friend! every addition helps. Good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
swampers wrote:
Base the Bass wrote:

I reckon you waited all of 9 nanoseconds and Dimitris started with a deleted item! WTF?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam 'Fenn' Fenton
Scotland
Falkirk
flag msg tools
200 Geekgold and all I got was this lousy Overtext
badge
Oooh - I got this Overtext too!
mbmbmbmbmb
enoon wrote:
swampers wrote:
Base the Bass wrote:

I reckon you waited all of 9 nanoseconds and Dimitris started with a deleted item! WTF?

9 nanoseconds was plenty of time!

(15 minutes, actually!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
swampers wrote:
(15 minutes, actually!)

15 minutes went by? I must have nodded off ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Δημητρης Βασιαδης
Greece
Ζωγραφου, Αθηνα
Αττική
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
enoon wrote:
Dimitris started with a deleted item! WTF?
no, that was just a reminder on how to effectively remove items from the trade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg CZ
Hungary
BUDAPEST
Budapest
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
miniatures are OK, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Base the Bass wrote:
enoon wrote:

I knew that!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Butler
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all, can't seem to find the instructions on how to easily repeat entries from a previous MT - I don't suppose anyone kept a copy of what to do, did they...?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Μιχάλης Λαστουπάς
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Clockpunk wrote:
Hey all, can't seem to find the instructions on how to easily repeat entries from a previous MT - I don't suppose anyone kept a copy of what to do, did they...?

There is a link at the bottom of the geeklist.
Here it is!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Μιχάλης Λαστουπάς
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am thinking about participating for the first time in the European math trade, but I am scared of the shipping costs.
Does "free shipping" include a tracking number? I couldn't find the answer in the trade details.

I really don't know why I am posting here. I could simply wait and ask Base the Bass in person on Sunday. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Desalvo
Italy
Country side area north of Rome
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a feder-allergic and I blame the Klingon for not having smashed the Federation in time to save us from Star Trek serials.
mbmbmbmbmb
Base the Bass wrote:
enoon wrote:

As first thing I want to say that I like the idea on how dealing with the removed items.

My second thought is that, due to the high mailing costs, it can to held the European Math Trade every three months instead of every two.

Third and last, I made a really god exchange in the last MAth Trade and I know that who received my Ace of Aces: Wingleader has liked the status of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Butler
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
darmion wrote:
Clockpunk wrote:

There is a link at the bottom of the geeklist.
Here it is!

Aha! Cheers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dimitris
Finland
Turku
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Greetings guys!

I am posting this on behalf of Base the Bass.

Unfortunately Dimitris was admitted to the hospital today and he won't be able to run the trade, so he already asked JeffyJeff to cancel it.
It seems it will be postponed for a while until he is better.

We don't know exactly what the problem is yet, but he is having some tests and it is very likely that it isn't something serious.
Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery for Dimitris!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Iordache
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Best wishes for a quick and full recovery.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruben Rigillo
Italy
Roma
Rm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Best Wishes to our Greek fellow gamer!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
JamesH wrote:
Unfortunately Dimitris was admitted to the hospital today and he won't be able to run the trade, so he already asked JeffyJeff to cancel it.

Hope for a speedy recovery as well!

in the mean time maybe instead of cancelling maybe someone could take it over? Maybe cggritt who ran it in January and the time before that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daleks stole my lunch box
France
Morbihan
flag msg tools
designer
Press 'X' to feel emotions.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Best wishes to Dimitris too!

JeffyJeff wrote:

in the mean time maybe instead of cancelling maybe someone could take it over? Maybe cggritt who ran it in January and the time before that?

There's the problem of managing the offers geeklist (I don't think it's possible to transfer ownership of a GL, so it would require a BGG admin to close the list at the right time).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
cafeine wrote:
JeffyJeff wrote:

There's the problem of managing the offers geeklist (I don't think it's possible to transfer ownership of a GL, so it would require a BGG admin to close the list at the right time).

maybe he'd be willing to give Dimitris Chatzidimitriou his bgg login info? or any bgg admin's in this mt? Maybe Dimitris Vasiadis, fingers crossed, will be back before even the 1st deadline arrives?

worse case is I could do the final sync w/the geeklist, load the summary, etc... won't be able to lock down the geeklist but if anyone edits items or adds new items to the offers geeklist just won't be picked up
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Desalvo
Italy
Country side area north of Rome
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a feder-allergic and I blame the Klingon for not having smashed the Federation in time to save us from Star Trek serials.
mbmbmbmbmb
JamesH wrote:

Best wishes to Dimitris for his pit stop.
Sometimes life takes you to that, it made with me to solve of my shoulder dislocations problems many years ago.
Again best wishes.

I was forgetting to thank Dimitris Chatzidimitriou/JamesH for informing us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piero
Italy
Florence
flag msg tools
Life and death come and go like marionettes dancing on a table. Once their strings are cut, they easily crumble.
badge
What we see now is like a dim image in a mirror. Then we shall see face to face.
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, just read now.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery Dimitris!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Butler
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Best wishes, indeed!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sylvia
Netherlands
flag msg tools
So sorry to hear about Dimitris. Best wishes from the Netherlands!
After reading through the thread, I am a bit confused though... is the math-trade cancelled or is it still going?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.