Evolution» Forums » General

Subject: PnP cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Hofland
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mb
I was wondering if the PnP cards (abilities) will be all the cards in the published game or will we see other cards currently not included?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
North Star Games designs party games that don't suck! Play them with your non-gamer friends over the holidays.
badge
First there was Hearts, then there was Spades, and now we bring you Clubs. The suit of clubs finally gets some respect!
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a PnP on the Evolution page with the prototype graphics. This is available now, though it is not the final card set.

If you purchase the PnP on Kickstarter, you'll get a PnP of the actual game with the actual art. 2 or 3 of the cards will be different from the prototype, but we expect about the same number of traits.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hofland
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mb
Thx. Dominique. I've pledged the published game and aim to have a pickup at Spiel this year. What I read in your comments is that we can expect a few more trait cards in the final product. Can you already indicate how much? Or are they still being play tested?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
North Star Games designs party games that don't suck! Play them with your non-gamer friends over the holidays.
badge
First there was Hearts, then there was Spades, and now we bring you Clubs. The suit of clubs finally gets some respect!
mbmbmbmbmb
There will not be more than 18, but we have not yet decided upon the final mix. There is a good chance that we will remove Camouflage, Good Eyesight, and Unstable DNA from the mix and replace them with... that's the part we're still fiddling with.

In the end, there will be between 16 and 18 traits.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eugene Jo
United States
Morton Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Printed up the pnp for a play test. One thing that came up in my play group was a misconception that defensive traits could only go on herbivores. There was some surprise when I used a carnivore to attack another carnivore. Afterwards I added a green border around the title box for herbivore specific traits (long neck) red for carnivore specific and blue for defensive. Some traits were both blue and red (climbing). This seemed to help the next group understand the interactions better. Or maybe I just did a better job of explaining the game. *shrug*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The final layout it now now mostly done. The traits that can only go on a Carnivore (Ambush and Pack Hunting) are red. The traits that cannot go on a Carnivore (Long Neck and Foraging) are green. Intelligence will have a combination of the two colors, but we haven't yet worked that out...

Cheers and thanks for all of your great suggestions!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.