Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
BGG Admin
United States
Unspecified
Texas
flag msg tools
Just three of us tonight, namely Tony, Tim and James II. We decided to give this Tilsit game a go as James II wished to give it an airing. I thought it a strange game and it wan't until James II convincingly won the first game that the penny dropped as to how to play the various mechanisms. In that first game JamesII was the first to collect his six cards and immediately traded them in. He had managed to collect all his cards in the same suit therefore drew three gold and they happened to total six, so he won; just like that. Another game and Tim and Tony were far more wary and this game was more nip and tuck with all three players cashing in six cards, only to fail to get the requisite five Gold, therefore began a fresh round of card collecting. This therefore, in my view, highlighted the main problem of the game in that a player can be the canniest tactician and soundly best their compatriots, only to lose out on the luck of the draw and see the poorer tactician win on the turn of a cardboard chit; very unsatifactory! Why not cut out out the middle man and just toss a few coins?

I think Tim won the second game.

In essence this is not a bad game as you go round collecting your cards, but too much luck is involved in the final draw for victory points, therefore I consider the game to be flawed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.