Dana R.
United States
Claremont
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Devotium Popcornicus
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone, my name is Milton and I am Mark’s new assistant from Denmark. I flew in to Tbilisi two days ago and I am here to straighten everything out and get this game shipped out ASAP.

Please be patient with me while I get on top of things, as I’ve only just arrived here and there’s a ton of work to be done. I have already been in touch with Game Salute and it is clear to me that they have the games and are ready to ship them once I send them the final shipping list.

I ask you to trust that my number one priority is getting Democracy out as soon as possible. I will do whatever it takes and I WILL crack the whip in whatever way I have to till you have your games in hand. I also have the authority to get the funds necessary to get this game shipped out, even in the case that Mark should become unavailable.

On Monday or Tuesday I will find out more from Game Salute on the final shipping dates, and once I do, I will update you again. You can reach me at makebelievegames@gmail.com or on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/Ligkvaern.

yours, Milton Felice Brambati Lund.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael West
Lithuania
Vilnius r.
-
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hallelujah

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bradshaw
United Kingdom
Newcastle Upon Tyne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Slabcity wrote:
I WILL crack the whip in whatever way I have to till you have your games in hand.

Wow - "Democracy" takes a new turn! laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Ellis
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Finally .

Maybe you can get down to business and answer all of the questions that mark has refused to answer for us regard pretty much any aspect of progress in the shipping and update of this game .

Are you of authority to post updates to kick starter ? If so , then you will want to start doing so now as the masses are quite unhappy there . Mark has failed to deliver on his promises and never responds to simple and direct questions while going around to the world and bragging about how to "successfully" fund a kick starter .

As far as I can tell or hope , the most successful thing he's do we has been hire you to take care of the masses for him

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Ellis
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ps thank you !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Franklin-Ryan
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
While I welcome this turn of events as i have said on KS I will not believe it untill I see some action starting with regular, informative and realistic updates.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
United States
Lebanon
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
Penny Press Kickstarter: 1,284 backers - $60,376! Amazing! Thank you!!!
badge
Play Penny Press!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Milton, welcome!

It should not be a surprise that there is a healthy amount of distrust amongst the backers that this is not just another diversion/delay tactic from Mark, but if this is for real, I think it's a good move from Mark!

Weekly honest and transparent updates, even if there is no news or bad news, will do a lot to restore some faith that this is finally going in the right direction.

I have one thing in your update that I don't quite understand. You say that "there's a ton of work to be done." Can you elaborate on that? Because it is our understanding that all that needs to happen is to send game salute a list backers and some funds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Power
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty confident slabcity is just reposting the update from kickstarter.

While I am cautiously optimistic that Mark appears to have solicited the help of someone presumably less terrible at operations, I'm forced to ask:

1. So, Criss Walker was dropped because Mark couldn't pay him. What changed? Where's the money from?
2. Why fly to Tblisi? Allegedly the product is already in the US. Why spend money that could be used for fulfillment to visit Mark's home office?
3. This statement: "I also have the authority to get the funds necessary to get this game shipped out, even in the case that Mark should become unavailable." What does this mean? Get the money from where? Make-Believe's bank account? Soliciting it from backers?
4. If the state of affairs is as Mark claims it is, why is someone else necessary? To collate change of addresses from a gmail account?

Clearly Mark pulled this new guy in while on his trip to Denmark.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Shorthose
United Kingdom
Mansfield
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't get too excited fools :).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lex Parsimoniae
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
More news. This was just posted in the kickstarter comments section. The posting was from Mark's account, but it appears to be from Milton.

Quote:
I will absolutely give you weekly updates, if not more. In fact I'm on my way in to write the next update now.
All of you will receive the base game, aswell as any add-ons you've purchased, no doubts there and backers will have it before gamestores, now as I've mentioned I've been here for a matter of days, so I can't give you all of your answers yet, however much I'd want to, i can however tell you this is not a "more news soon" post, where news come four months later.
Keep an eye on updates in about 15-20 minutes. And thanks for the warm welcome, I did indeed not have anything to do with the game till just now and I'm doing what i can to get it back on track ASAP.

Interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lex Parsimoniae
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
And now the promised update from Milton.

Quote:
Hi again guys.

Milton here, as i promised about a week ago, here's the next update. It'll be a bit shorter, but i hope you'll bear with me as it comes with good news.

Over the weekend I've talked to Game Salute again and they now have the shipping list and all the other information they need, I cannot give you a date for shipping, as they haven't yet replied to my email with surveys to confirm, but with time-differences etc. this is NOT a real issue or anything like it, It's simply my working hours from Tbilisi matching their time-zone so badly, that they haven't had the time to write me back.

I can't yet answer all of your questions, but i DO have regular contact with Mark and I'll do my best to get you your answers, we're talking days and weeks here, NOT months.

What I CAN tell you, is that everyone will of course get what they ordered, extras etc. included in this. The game might be delayed way more than anyone wished, but it IS coming and you WILL get it before gamestores. There may be an issue with the Animal meeples, Game Salute has yet to tell me if they're there or not, if they're not, I'll work on having them air-mailed out. More as soon as I know more.

The one question I'd have to clear up and that is concerning, refunds. Due to the way kickstarter works, you aren't buying a finished product or pre-ordering, but helping fund an in development venture, this means that the money's been spent on developing the game and addons aswell as shipping them to you guys. I'm sorry, but It's how crowdfunding works and It's one area i cannot do anything about.

I'm aware this may not be all you could've hoped for from a second update, but I made it a point to give you guys regular and honest communication, so that's what I'll do from here on out.

- Milton

Do what you say, and say what you do. So far, Milton seems to get it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Reed
United States
La Junta
Colorado
flag msg tools
mb
You know, I want to get this project taken care of, but there is something odd about the sudden change and a new person coming in to handle the affair. Something doesn't feel right about it, but I hope I am wrong!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Reed
United States
La Junta
Colorado
flag msg tools
mb
If you haven't been following the updates and comments on Kickstarter, it seems that Mark Rein-Hagen is starting a new project called Havoc. I want to alert everyone who is on BGG and may not be reading the KS updates to keep an eye out for this project and let us know if it pops up on a crowd funding site! Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KYEO
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Has anyone tried to email Milton? If so, have you received an answer? I emailed him and asked about the situation for those of us winning the game in the BGG Democracy competition. This was more than a week ago, still no reply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Reed
United States
La Junta
Colorado
flag msg tools
mb
I have been in contact with the BGG administrator who was overseeing the contest. He had tried to contact Mark on our behalf, but couldn't get him to respond. I can post this to the KS comments for you, if you aren't KS backer of Democracy.....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KYEO
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
No, I am not a backer. I won "the big price" at BGG so I assumed that would be sufficient...
Please feel free to re-post on the Kickstarter comments page.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.