Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gyorgy Boda
Hungary
Dunakeszi
Pest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is pretty unclear for me from game website or this BGG how one can purchase a copy after release? Or can it be preordered? The whole situation is a bit hazy, can someone please clarify if it will be possible to get the game, and if yes, then when etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Wr
United States
North Port
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Im not sure if there is a retail plan setup yet.

If there is, there has been no news of it released.

I believe Adam and team are focused on getting the KS sorted and then are planning the retail side.

With this being such a..... niche?.... product, Adam has voiced that he is unsure if a normal retail market will support the game.
Or if he will have to do it thru specialized channels.

That is all ive heard anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sid Rain
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
It would likely be sold through the already existing Kingdom Death shop website. However, I don't think pre-orders or sales of the game will start until after Kickstarter backers have gotten their games first. I doubt other retailers will carry the game, although Cool Mini Or Not also sells Kingdom Death minis, so who knows?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gyorgy Boda
Hungary
Dunakeszi
Pest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, thanks for the info folks. I have to admit it is a bit frustrating to be left out there in the cold: ks window was pretty short, and then not having any definite statement or plan from the creator literally for years is not very cool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Wr
United States
North Port
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bodaster wrote:
Okay, thanks for the info folks. I have to admit it is a bit frustrating to be left out there in the cold: ks window was pretty short, and then not having any definite statement or plan from the creator literally for years is not very cool.

Actually they opened up the pledge manager today for us backers.

If you can find someone that will let you piggy back on their pledge, you can get in on it now.

If you cant find anyone local, let me know.
Id be willing to help, but itd ship from the US if I did.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Gamer
Singapore
singapore
singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Look for a KS KDM backer to ask for a piggyback.
As per new update 85
Ks backers would get it first, follow by maybe pre-order from his online store at retail price after a few months is there are stock left.
The KS window was reopen in Nov 2013 to let in more late backer.
And now all backers can do add on as it reopen again 3 hrs ago.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Currie
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Dignity. Always dignity!
mbmbmbmbmb
bodaster wrote:

You'll have to forgive Adam, he ended up with a project that made just over 2 MILLION dollars and a dozen or so expansions and promos being created on top of the base game all at once.

The KS window wasn't any smaller or larger than any other KS window, but sorry you missed out. He has a very small team to run his very successful project, and he's stated several times before he doesn't think that his game fits within normal retailer distribution channels. Which means that he'll probably be running the post-KS fulfillment as well. Which means that post-KS ordering will run at whatever pace his small team can handle.

It might feel like you're being left in the cold, but for Adam, it's the opposite: If he were to start planning retail options before KS backers got their rewards, he'd feel like he was betraying the people who helped make his campaign a success in the first place. He's stated this explicitly several times.

And you'll have to wait a bit longer now. In today's new KS update, he said he's delaying fulfillment again, so fulfillment won't start for us KS backers until at least Q3 now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gyorgy Boda
Hungary
Dunakeszi
Pest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, these are good points. I understand those reasons. Let's hope for the best, and see what happens this year. Hope you all get your stuff in time and in good shape.

If anyone trustable in western/central europe is willing to take me into his pledge, I would be most grateful. In that case drop me a private message pls: I live in hungary, so european shipping is probably affordable. Just do not scam me;)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.