Justus
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Like subject says the new geeklist format is gawd awful in having a long running conversation. I waited a week to see if I'd get used to it, and instead I just browsing geeklists. Please get rid of it.

I suspect there's another thread about this, but I couldn't find it, so I thought I'd start one here in the complaint department.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
howl hollow howl
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mc Jarvis
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
I speak to improve upon the cacophony.
badge
This heart is meant to convince you that I feel.
mbmbmbmbmb
Related to not liking the new geeklist format--- I think it would be much improved if there were an option to reveal all comments for a particular item on one screen. Maybe I'm missing that, but it's difficult on the GCL to piece together the context of a whole conversation in the current paginated system.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Uhler
United States
Commerce City
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
McJarvis wrote:
Related to not liking the new geeklist format--- I think it would be much improved if there were an option to reveal all comments for a particular item on one screen. Maybe I'm missing that, but it's difficult on the GCL to piece together the context of a whole conversation in the current paginated system.

This.

A button that expands the comments of that one item would be great. Or maybe an option to customize the # of comments (each user can customize the default # of comments visible instead of just 5).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew C
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed. I much preferred the previous design. An option to toggle between the two formats would suffice for me (I'd just toggle it to the old one). Why don't we have some sort of Settings/Options with these types of things?

A show-all would also suffice, as McJarvis said.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Dean
United States
Escondido
CA
flag msg tools
The Golden Camel UberBadge is a mystery. Nobody knows where it came from or how it got there.
badge
No one expects the Spanish penguin!
mbmbmbmbmb
Based on how many GeekList Item Comments appear on some GeekLists, I always thought paging those comments would be a great idea. The way it's currently implemented is painful though. A few things I think could improve it:

1. Highlight in red the box that lists page x of y if there is another page of unread comments under the GeekList Item. Without this, as I'm scrolling through, I may see only one new comment and assume I'm done. It's extra effort, distracting effort as well, to look and see what page I'm on and how many pages there are to determine if there is more unread content.
2. As McJarvis suggested, a "show all" option like used to exist with "Hide all/Show all Comments"
3. Settings preferences where I can specify a number of comments per GeekList Item to list. 5 is way too little, but for some people, it may be enough. 50 might be too much, effectively a "show all" in most cases, but I could definitely see wanting 20 or 25 at a given time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.