Popular Tags: [View All]
Murr Rockstroh
United States
Fleming Island
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife is a doctor, my mother-in-law is a former 3rd grade teacher with a vocabulary that Webster would envy. So I'm sitting there midway through the game staring at my hand "F, K, S, S, A" and the common letter is "O" and all I can come up with is "ass" and there was no way I was going to spell that with my mother-in-law sitting there. So I just said "I can't spell a word," and discarded my hand and started shuffling, since my deck was gone.

Later I realized I could have spelled "soak" but I didn't see it during the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zen
Japan
Kyoto
flag msg tools
youtube.com/neatozen
badge
follow me on twitter: @zenxacred
mbmbmbmbmb
you could've also made:

Asks
Soaks
Sofas
Oafs
Oaks

Or you could impress your wife by spelling "fossa"; which is a pit, groove, cavity, or depression. Like the temporal fossa on the side of the skull.

My MIL would probably spell ass on her own, so no worries there xD
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad McKenzie
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
An ass is another word for donkey, so no foul there...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Howard
United States
Albany
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
Two-letter words are allowed (unless I missed a rule) so you could have played "OF" which also scores more than A**. (But less than most of Zen's suggestions, of course.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.