Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Griffin
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, it's taken a bit of work, but I feel like I've more or less made my way through most of my rules/process questions in terms of overall gameplay (setup, choosing quests, equipment, enemy movement, etc). I still have a lot of questions regarding individual action cards though (and it sounds like a lot of people do). I read on another thread that MCG is about to post more videos. To be honest, at this point I'd rather not watch another 2 hours of linear gameplay as I feel like there's pretty decent coverage of that already available.

What I'd love to see is more of a reference video that just succinctly walks through each Hero card and how it's intended to be used and combo'd (and how it interacts with equipment) and possibly some examples of each of the boss attacks. (eg. Does the Stage 1 Terror always do Lacerating Claw and Web of Death? Does he only do Lacerating Claw if he doesn't have a target for Web of Death? etc...) I know everyone is calling for revised cards but, to be honest, I would have no problem waiting on those if I just had a definitive reference where I could look up how each one is meant to work.

Has anyone already posted something like this? I haven't run across it yet, but if someone has this figured out, this seems like an easy way to rack up some good YouTube traffic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MCG's video probably isn't going to be linear gameplay. I imagine that they'll be direct and more concise rules videos like they released a few weeks ago. I haven't heard anything on what areas will be specifically covered though...

I don't think there have been any videos like you're describing though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Carr
United States
Ruckersville
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I concur that this type of clarification video overview would be helpful... especially for the key combo cards for each class, and the bosses/agents with multiple attacks. I know MCG is small but the FFG x-wing game play overviews with the computer graphic aids really helped me quickly get the rules down, and something like that would be splendid.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A well written rulebook would be just fine with... Oh, never mind.

A reference with updated wording and symbology would also be a great... Oh, never mind.

I think the game might just have to wait until the second kickstarter, which is kind of a shame. People are playing and enjoying it, though. It just seems a shame more money is going to be required to get a "complete game".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Dork
United States
Silver Spring
MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played this today for the second time and outside of maybe one card, there were no questions on how to play the cards. If we stumbled a bit, it was quickly/easily abled to be house-ruled with little problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BlindsideDork wrote:
Played this today for the second time and outside of maybe one card, there were no questions on how to play the cards. If we stumbled a bit, it was quickly/easily abled to be house-ruled with little problem.

Some Heroes are easier than others. The really tough one is the Brigand...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Dork
United States
Silver Spring
MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mfaulk80 wrote:
BlindsideDork wrote:

True, I haven't played as that class but the guy playing him today had little to no questions about how to control him (never played Myth before but played Heroquest/Space Hulk) and was tearing up, almost maxed out on threat a few times.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BlindsideDork wrote:
mfaulk80 wrote:
BlindsideDork wrote:

True, I haven't played as that class but the guy playing him today had little to no questions about how to control him (never played Myth before but played Heroquest/Space Hulk) and was tearing up, almost maxed out on threat a few times.

I actually haven't brought him out yet, but considering the plethora of questions regarding his cards, I wouldn't be surprised if the guy was making a bunch of mistakes... The Brigand is supposed to be more of a boss/captain killer than a 'kill tons of Minions' killer. It seems like Threat shouldn't be an issue unless the bigger guys are out. (Again, I haven't played with that Hero, so I may be misunderstanding posts).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remi Bureau
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, he's got Suicide Run and Dark Reaver that are nice AoE cards, but theyboth need another card to make them effective, so he can be tricky to play. He's very effective against captains and bosses, but also against the lairs, so I'd you don't have an Archer, the Brigand can handle them fine, but he'll need help to get out if harm's way afterwards.

By targeting lairs and a bunch of minions to back away, his threat can indeed be quite high sometimes, but he doesn't seem to stay high long because he usually needs some prep before his next big attack.

Regarding OP, I would like to make such videos, that was my plan as the nextones, but I need answers first so I don't make matters worst, and no luck so far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Griffin
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your post, Remi. Your videos are a godsend and are possibly *the* most helpful resource available right now for folks who genuinely want to work through this learning curve.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DJGryph wrote:
Does the Stage 1 Terror always do Lacerating Claw and Web of Death? Does he only do Lacerating Claw if he doesn't have a target for Web of Death? etc...

Rulebook, pg 43., Item 7 in diagram:
"Bosses always perform all attacks for which they meet the criteria."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.