Subject: Can the attacker withdraw? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Yoni Speiser
United States
MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If I initiate a battle as an attacker, can I stop the battle after the first round (assuming there are surviving units on both sides) or must it be a battle to the death once an attack is started?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
[This space is intentionally left empty]
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can use your command decisions to move units out of the battle, including into the area they came from. There is no withdrawing all units between rounds though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Selkirk
Canada
Truro
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aside from 'fled' rolls, you can only elect to withdraw on a blank 'command decision' roll. Even then the unit(s) to be withdrawn depends on the die colour and only one unit per die. Also, make sure you have a legal retreat / withdrawal route or your only decision is to stay and fight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Teoro
United States
Bloomington
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played my first game the other day. I really liked this mechanism. I cannot imagine defenders simply allowing attackers to withdraw without recourse. I map a little meaning onto the command decisions such as finding the opportunity to withdrawal safely or that withdrawal orders were effectively transmitted, etc. It adds a little flavor to the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.