Warhammer 40,000: Conquest» Forums » Rules

Subject: Deck Building rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Lloyd
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
Anyone know how many of each card you are allowed in your decks and/or how many core sets you have to get?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony
United States
Mount Prospect
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No one outside of FFG and play testers would be able to answer that definitively.

I think every LCG besides Star Wars is x3, and if you want a complete play set you need 3 core sets. Though depending on card distribution you might not need 3 for good deck building. With Netrunner I only have 2 core sets, as it gave a descent enough card spread and I think it was only ~10 cards that you ended up with only 2.

So if you want a complete play set plan on having to buy 3 core sets, until we learn more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
VeganGuy wrote:
No one outside of FFG and play testers would be able to answer that definitively.

I think every LCG besides Star Wars is x3, and if you want a complete play set you need 3 core sets. Though depending on card distribution you might not need 3 for good deck building. With Netrunner I only have 2 core sets, as it gave a descent enough card spread and I think it was only ~10 cards that you ended up with only 2.

So if you want a complete play set plan on having to buy 3 core sets, until we learn more.

I think SW was a step in the right direction, you only needed to buy 2 core sets.

I doubt they will take a step back...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oscar Iglesias
Spain
Alcobendas
Madrid
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Core sets do not include all game copies allowed of all cards, they are designer for a starting experience, not a full collectors item.

BTW, i'm not a SW player, so what changes in SW from the other LCGs already published?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony
United States
Mount Prospect
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Star Wars has a unique deck building mechanic, where there are fixed pods of 6 cards (5 for the deck and 1 objective) that are always together. You build decks of 10 pods with no more than two copies of a specific pod. The core set had 1 copy of each pod, so two core sets equalled a complete play set.

While I would be thrilled if I only needed 2 core sets for 40k, I really hope FFG doesn't use the pod deck building. For a casual player it's great and easy to build an effect deck, but I find it very restrictive for building creative and interesting decks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Shinners
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
VeganGuy wrote:
Star Wars has a unique deck building mechanic, where there are fixed pods of 6 cards (5 for the deck and 1 objective) that are always together. You build decks of 10 pods with no more than two copies of a specific pod. The core set had 1 copy of each pod, so two core sets equalled a complete play set.

While I would be thrilled if I only needed 2 core sets for 40k, I really hope FFG doesn't use the pod deck building. For a casual player it's great and easy to build an effect deck, but I find it very restrictive for building creative and interesting decks.

This. The 2x for SW was directly related to that deck-building mechanism, which I really hope doesn't start showing up in their other LCGs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M N
Canada
Truro
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We know that outside of the command squads this does not use the same deck building as Star Wars so based on every other LCG expect 3x copies requiring for maximum copies allowed 3x core sets purchased.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Latest is three copies of non-signature cards, and most Core cards will be one or two copies (so looks like three Core may still be needed for full playsets).

Possibility that you might only need two depending on if the 'one only' cards are Signature cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Sugiyama
United States
Altamonte Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
commonenemy wrote:
Anyone know how many of each card you are allowed in your decks and/or how many core sets you have to get?

Your deck is 50 cards not counting the warlord.
There are 8 cards you MUST take from the signature decks associated with he warlord.
Then you may take up to 3 copies of any card in your own faction (both loyal and non loyal).
You may take up to 3 copies of any SINGLE adjacent faction non-loyal cards.
You may take up to 3 copies or neutral cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Armstrong
United States
West Valley City
UT
flag msg tools
Can I have additional copies of my signature squad cards? or am I limited to one set of the signature squad of eight cards(not counting the warlord)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vishai wrote:
Can I have additional copies of my signature squad cards? or am I limited to one set of the signature squad of eight cards(not counting the warlord)?

No. One Warlord plus signature cards that came with him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If you look at the Signature Squads, they're actually numbered. You must include one of each numbered card in the squad, no more and no less. Even though (for example) you get 4 copies of Sicarius' Chosen, they don't all have the same squad number (so are technically not the same card).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.