Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wondering if anyone out there knows if this game will ever be widely available? I'm interested in it, but would rather not pay $100+ if I don't have to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Gustafson
United States
Warsaw
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
“The elements of good trading are: (1) cutting losses, (2) cutting losses, and (3) cutting losses. If you can follow these three rules, you may have a chance.” – Ed Seykota
mbmbmbmbmb
Gamesurplus
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was wondering if it would come down in price as well. $84 + shipping is still going to be $100.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Uhler
United States
Commerce City
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jack, order 3 from the publisher, keep one and sell the other two. That's what I did and others followed my lead. CONSIDERABLY cheaper for the folks that do that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have any insider knowledge, but I suspect the answer is very likely "no." The first printing consisted of 900 copies, which I believe has still not sold out. The game is published by RASS Games (a company created by the designers exclusively for this title) and Vendetta (a small publisher specializing in Dutch games).

If someone like Z-Man or Rio Grande had wanted to pick it up for the US market, they would have done so already. Perhaps a smaller US publisher will sign on for domestic printing and distribution (see what Stuntkite is doing with Patchistory and Citrus, for example), but that sort of thing is unpredictable and still relatively rare in the industry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
eapeas wrote:
Jack, order 3 from the publisher, keep one and sell the other two. That's what I did and others followed my lead. CONSIDERABLY cheaper for the folks that do that.

Sounds like a page out of my playbook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Uhler
United States
Commerce City
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got tired of waiting to see if it got picked up and didn't want to spend $130 from the publisher, so I bought 3, flipped 2 and ended up paying $65ish for my copy. Worked so well, 3 others have done the same so far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James McKane
United States
Norfolk
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Interested in picking up a copy from any one that purchases a 3 pack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Vessenes
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a copy that I played once. Liked it but not enough to own it. Send me an offer if you are interested? I live in the San Francisco bay area should that improve shipping costs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Schmidt
England
Harrogate
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
eapeas wrote:
I got tired of waiting to see if it got picked up and didn't want to spend $130 from the publisher, so I bought 3, flipped 2 and ended up paying $65ish for my copy. Worked so well, 3 others have done the same so far.

Sadly, I can only wish it had worked as well for me as it did for Edward and Dave who were able to sell both extras for $125 each. I really caution anyone who expects to easily replicate eapeas level of success. At the time I do not believe Game Surplus had been getting them in regularly (please correct me if I'm wrong as I've not gone back and checked). If the extras sell for $100 each that would stick the flipper with the $115 copy instead of $65, right? No offense or hard feeling toward eapeas, I just felt that as one of the "others" he referred to that I share that my experience was not as wildly successful as he might have thought. Receiving a damaged copy is also a risk that you take when getting multiple copies. You either end up paying a lot for a beat up personal copy or possibly paying crazy money for one of the nice ones. Or in my case pure insanity $$$$ for both. The game is also almost 6 pounds naked so shipping cross country gets really expensive to residential address.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Uhler
United States
Commerce City
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry to hear that Erik. Yeah, it was prior to Game Surplus getting copies and the copies I got were the limited edition ones w/ the signed certificate and the wooden trains. I figure that if people are taking the risk (as you and I did) we have the right to charge a little more than what we paid, but less than it would cost anyone to get it directly from the publisher to offset the risk that we're taking and doing all the 'heavy lifting' of getting the game for folks.

Sorry it didn't work out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Schmidt
England
Harrogate
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think if GameSurplus were not bringing them in it would still be worth trying. I certainly agree that it is reasonable for a user to try and make more than the few bucks a game that a business can get by on when there is no shop making the available. I've made plenty of good buys (thank you MDM!) since to make up for this misfire but I thought I should share my experience and remind people of the risks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark M
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pandasaurus just announced they are publishing in US
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.