Popular Tags: [View All]
Craig Foster
United States
Malibu
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there any reason not to combine the cards from ToR and WC in the same box(es) for storage. I haven't played enough to know if there are theme-y elements to each core set and its expansions to know if they should be kept apart. I get that Numenera probably should be kept separate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Danish
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope - I have mine combined and it's just more great options in less space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Stiles
United States
Brandon
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
World Collide edited some of the older cards in this rerelease so that they would be more inline with the new TA cards. You can store them together-- they seem awesome to me :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Anderson
United States
seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Two Time Cancer Survivor - Never Give Up. Never Surrender. -Jason Nesmith from Galaxy Quest (1999 movie)
badge
Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl XLVIII Champions!
mbmbmbmbmb

I have 6 of the original Thunderstone releases and 4 of the Advance expansions (except Numenera) all in one box. With a few caveats:

1. The cards are not sleeved.

2. I am only using Advance monsters (I'm keeping the original monsters in another box for posterity's sake along with old militia, iron rations, daggers...etc. I doubt if I'll use any of these cards again).

3. We play Epic style. I keep only 5 copies of each villager in each stack. I store the extras in that other box. If I ever damage a card, I have spares.

I have room for 2 or 3 more expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Foster
United States
Malibu
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all!

Based on your suggestions, I've combined all my cards. It works great! I also note that it still allows me to play using only a single "Themed" series (e.g., Numenara, Towers of Ruin, Worlds Collide), if I wish. The randomizer cards are identified by set so I can just use randomizers from the set(s) I want. Finally, if I am setting up according to a particular scenario, I can access the cards I want from the alphabetized collection. Works great, saves space, sacrifices nothing!

Thanks for your help!

Craig
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin G
United States
Weehawken
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What about all Thunderstone Advance sets? I would like to combine them all ? Are they all compatible are there any issues with combining them ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M S
United States
Lakewood
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jgunnz wrote:
What about all Thunderstone Advance sets? I would like to combine them all ? Are they all compatible are there any issues with combining them ?

Yes, all TSA sets are compatible and can be combined.

That being said. There are a few difference between sets that I prefer to keep separate. Not all people, however, have this same OCD attitude.

I like to combine Towers of Ruin, Caverns of Bane, and Root of Corruption, because those are the only sets built around using the Curses as their diseases.

I keep Numenera separate because it is the only set that uses Iron Wind as it's diseases. Also, some people don't like to mix this one because of its significantly different theme.

I combined Starter Set and Worlds Collide (WC), since they both used 'vanilla' diseases, but when Into the Abyss (ItA) came out, I add it and removed Starter Set since ItA had lvl 4 Heroes for itself and the Heroes in WC, but not for the Starter Set.

So basically, the Starter Set just sits on its own now as a simplified teaching set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Castree
Japan
Osaka
Osaka
flag msg tools
ACGalaga.com
badge
What da heck?!
mbmbmbmbmb
rogue148 wrote:
jgunnz wrote:

Yes, all TSA sets are compatible and can be combined.

That being said. There are a few difference between sets that I prefer to keep separate. Not all people, however, have this same OCD attitude.

I like to combine Towers of Ruin, Caverns of Bane, and Root of Corruption, because those are the only sets built around using the Curses as their diseases.

I keep Numenera separate because it is the only set that uses Iron Wind as it's diseases. Also, some people don't like to mix this one because of its significantly different theme.

I combined Starter Set and Worlds Collide (WC), since they both used 'vanilla' diseases, but when Into the Abyss (ItA) came out, I add it and removed Starter Set since ItA had lvl 4 Heroes for itself and the Heroes in WC, but not for the Starter Set.

So basically, the Starter Set just sits on its own now as a simplified teaching set.

I did the same thing but left the starter in WC. Plus, if you have ToR, CoB, and RoC in one box it's kind of hard to fit anything else.

If I carry it to a game day I'll just take one of the boxes however I'm all about combining all sets in a randomizer when I play at home (although, I remove starter from the mix because it's always kinda a downer when you have to add one of those cards and could have added something cool).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Blasco

Brier
Washington
msg tools
mbmb
I have Towers of Ruin, Root of Corruption, Caverns of Bane, Starter Set, and Numinera in one box (the numinera box). I had to remove the organizer, I just have the cards in 3 rows in the cardboard box, with 2 pieces of foam core to divide them up (just in there loose, no fancy organizer or anything). Everything fits, but just barely.

There's no reason to have the sets apart from each other, unless you want to take specific sets to one location, apart from the rest. Having as much as possible in one box means it takes up less space on the shelf, and is easier to transport. All of the Advance sets work perfectly together.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.