Rolling Freight» Forums » General

Subject: improved dice? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
darthead cricketeer
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Anyone purchased this year? If so have they fixed the dice quality issues? and how?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Soonsin Lee
United States
Ballwin
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I play with Blue
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you asking if the dice are still printed or etched? If so, I believe they are still printed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Chris Miller
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They're still printed, and yeah the paint chips after 1-2 plays. I am clear-coating mine as we speak.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Gortner
United States
Egg Harbor Township
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was told directly by the publisher that they purchased a very large number of copies initially. Which means we are 1 to 2 years away from an improved version. That is, if they reprint it.

Stinks for me because I love the game but won't purchase it in its current condition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Raciborski
United States
Newport News
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jgortner wrote:
I was told directly by the publisher that they purchased a very large number of copies initially. Which means we are 1 to 2 years away from an improved version. That is, if they reprint it.

Stinks for me because I love the game but won't purchase it in its current condition.

Days of Wonder now offers replacement decks for Ticket to Ride, I wonder if RF's publisher would offer replacement dice when they do a reprint?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Vitek
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have a printer, you could buy indented blank dice, print out labels on precut labels and have better dice?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Meyer
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jgortner wrote:

Maybe you should buy it now because if it's reprinted in two years (from now) the present dice should last until then, and the game is fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Gortner
United States
Egg Harbor Township
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dcm70 wrote:
jgortner wrote:

Maybe you should buy it now because if it's reprinted in two years (from now) the present dice should last until then, and the game is fun.

Too many great games on the market to buy one that for me (just for me! not trying to start a fight!) is flawed.

I will patiently wait for better dice and the improved base game board that matches the improved expansion boards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Hendrickson
United States
Seward
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The game certainly is good, and it is a real shame that the dice faces wear poorly.

This would be a great candidate for a third party to offer a replacement dice upgrade. Chessex, Litko or the BGG Geek Store, are you listening?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.