Popular Tags: [View All]
Karl Kleve
Norway
Bodoe
Nordland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ottoman has placed Naples under Siege.

Spain (me) has a fleet in Tyrrhenian Sea (which Ottoman must remove before he can assault, and probably plans to do in his next impulse with his huge fleet in Barbary Coast)

My question is: May I construct new units in Naples to add to the defence, since I have the fleet in Tyrrhenian Sea?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kiefte
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can never build units in a fortress under siege. The fleet in the Tyrrhenian Sea just means that the Ottomans can't assault, but that's it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Kleve
Norway
Bodoe
Nordland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah. Thank you. Not the answer I liked, but thank you anyway.
I am so ....ed in this game cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zack S.
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
mbmb
You could build in any of the other ports along that sea zone and sail them (or hope for an interception roll) to join the defenders. Remember they also still need to maintain LOC to assault, so that will drain off some strength.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Kleve
Norway
Bodoe
Nordland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would not be able to build enough ships in one impulse to seriously threathen the Ottoman superiority in ships.

In the end I played a 4 CP-card, buildt 3 Mercs in Messina and attempted to move them overland to Naples for a Relief Field Battle. In the hope of bleeding off som Turks and weaken him before the assault.

But he used his last card to stop my move! It was "Storms". So no battle and I didn't get to relieve the siege. On the other hand this was the Ottomans last card. So he can't assault and Naples is safe.

Unless he has some sinister deal with one of the others. I guess he has
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stig Atle Myhre
Norway
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Did he?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Riskey
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules justification for not being able to build in a port under siege is in the Construction section:

17.3 Naval Units
Naval units may be constructed in any friendly home port that is not
occupied by enemy units.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.