Dawn of the Zeds (Second edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Fate card (Grim Determination At Last Stand) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Raúl Polo
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Play after the resolution of any one combat when your unit is defending. Apply all Hits from the combat normally. Then, in order, 1)Inflict one additional Hit on the Zeds unit; 2)Retreat the Zedes unit; 3)Your unit does not Retreat.
These effects are applied regardless of the normal Retreat requirements of the original result."

I applied the combat as usual. My civilians unit received some hits and went to the hospital. The zeds unit didn't retreat. I placed a chaos marker because of the named space and then used the card. Do you think placing a chaos marker was correct? Or because of the card's effect ((2)Retreat the Zeds unit) is not compulsory? Maybe this is a stupid question but I want to play by the rules...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zeddy
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are playing the card, all three effects are played (they are not optional). Ie.:

- one additional hit on the zeds
- zeds are pushed back
- civilians do not retreat.

In other words, this card is beneficial to you, so use it! There should be no chaos placed, because the zeds have been pushed back and therefore don't control the space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.