David Kempe-Cook
United States
BLOOMINGTON
IN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking at the Underneath Sandpoint Scenerio which says:

When you permanently close a location, you must succeed at a... check or reset your hand and end your turn.

I could see some cases where that would be a problem (the Barbarian ability or wanting to heal up), but this is reminding me of Iesha Foxglove who says:

If defeated... If you encounter the Skinsaw Man this turn, the difficulty of all checks against him is decreased by 5.

How could you possibly encounter the Skinsaw Man? Iesha Foxglove is only defeated from encountering Haunts and if the Skinsaw man was in your deck, you would know it.

The crux of the question is this:

Is it possible to move to a new location and continue adventuring?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Warner
United States
Middletown
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it is. Cape of Escape would do it. So would the Giant Badger (though that isn't around for Iesha Foxglove). Though I'd personally say that would only be possible if you closed the location by virtue of defeating a henchman. If you got to attempt to close it because it had no cards, then you've already moved past the "explore" part of the turn and can't explore anymore.

For Iesha, if you've encountered the Skinsaw Man once and he has fled to another location, then it is possible for him to be in the same location as the Haunt which triggered your encounter with Iesha. Which means that it is also possible to find him in the location you are at when you encounter Iehsa.

For Underneath Sandpoint, being force to "reset your hand and end your turn" means that you can not play cards or use powers when applying end of the turn effects.

Rulebook v3 p9 wrote:
Reset Your Hand: First, apply any effects that happen at the end of the turn; if a power allows or directs you to not reset your hand, you must still apply any effects that happen at the end of the turn. You may play cards and use powers unless a power directed you to reset your hand and end your turn. After resolving these effects, you may no longer play cards or use powers for the rest of the turn.

That means that Seoni can't use her "auto-succeed" power to recharge any spells she has displayed (like Toxic Cloud). And Lini can't reveal an animal ally for an extra d4 when she attempts to recharge a spell like Toxic Cloud. You also can't play a movement spell like Haste. And Lem couldn't use his swap ability at the end of the turn.

So there are other penalties that go with that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.