Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
28 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Australia » ACT (Canberra)

Subject: Rise to Power Canberra 3-pack KS the Second rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Murray Fish
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
badge
They explained everything in detail and at great length. After they finished I sat, despondent, contemplating a bleak and empty future. "I’m glad you’re depressed" said one. "It means you’ve understood the situation.”
mbmbmbmbmb
Thrill seekers,

The famous Lebut's pledge for a three pack filled up pretty quickly.

This game looks good, has free postage to Australia and doesn't involve currency conversion fees.

Are there another two people interested in backing Rise to Power as part of another 3-pack for $50 ($16.70 each) with me?

Got to be worth a punt to back an Australian designed game!

First in least-worst dressed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Panda Z
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I'm trying to avoid KS, but what the ..., If you are in, must be good, right? put me in for a copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Binny
Australia
Wanniassa
Australian Capital Territory
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Huzzah! Just joining in the general excitement hehe

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loc .
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
mb
muzfish4 wrote:
Thrill seekers,

The famous Lebut's pledge for a three pack filled up pretty quickly.

This game looks good, has free postage to Australia and doesn't involve currency conversion fees.

Are there another two people interested in backing Rise to Power as part of another 3-pack for $50 ($16.70 each) with me?

Got to be worth a punt to back an Australian designed game!

First in least-worst dressed.

I'm down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murray Fish
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
badge
They explained everything in detail and at great length. After they finished I sat, despondent, contemplating a bleak and empty future. "I’m glad you’re depressed" said one. "It means you’ve understood the situation.”
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent, I'll make the pledge but I'll hold off on asking for your share until the campaign is over and I am charged in case optional expansions or add-ons or whatever are added to the campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murray Fish
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The game is now funded.

The Versions 0.9b rule book as well as a short story set in the 'Rise to Powerverse' are available on the KS page.

Seems like there are no add-ons or other optional upgrades, miniatures or apparel on offer so it looks like our respective pledges are a known concern.

I should also say that there is scope for other people to add to this pledge if they can't find a three pack to join at $23 a set. The price for a single pledged set is $25. So, happy to accommodate anyone who'd like to save a $2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murray Fish
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The campaign is closed and it did really well, meeting all stretch goals and then some (i.e. a last minute goal they tacked on as other goals were met) so it is funded with a scheduled delivery date of October 2014.

Weird thing is that despite pledging for an Australian game in Australian currency from an Australian bank I have also been hit with FX charges.

I'll check up on this to confirm the final total before I ask my confederates for their contribution.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Low
Australia
Canberra BC
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
muzfish4 wrote:

Weird thing is that despite pledging for an Australian game in Australian currency from an Australian bank I have also been hit with FX charges.

A little-advertised change to the way banks extort money from us is that they have all agreed to charge FX fees if the recipient of the funds is located overseas, regardless of the unit of currency. So, you can expect to see this sort of thing hit your BookDepository or OzGameShop orders in the future as well cry

The other place it's likely to hit is when you buy on EBay in AUD from an overseas source. I heard that EBay/Paypal are likely to try to end-run the process...but my guess is that the banks will win that little contest, simply by deciding that any Paypal-charge-to-card will be treated as "foreign" (or worse, as a Cash Advance yuk). You could avoid it by using Paypal-from-bank-account...but only until the banks decide that such a transaction is actually an International Money Transfer gulp

Regards,

David.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kon Stavrinos
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes I stumbled on this some time ago linking paypal to an account also doesn't charge a fee......well for the time being anyway....What do they want us to do, go back to shopping at a bricks and morter store...They better be careful otherwise they will kill the goose that lays the golden egg. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murray Fish
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, the response from Kickstarter via the project organisers is not great:

Quote:
"Sorry for the confusion. We use a third party payments processor based in the UK for all international-based projects on the site. This may mean that your bank may charge foreign transaction fees based on your pledge, but you should get in touch with them directly to clarify. You are charged in the currency of the creator's country of eligibility (in this case, AUD). Apologies for any inconvenience. Let me know if you have any other questions."

The comments thread shows some AU-based folk have been charged while others have not.

Looks like we're up for $17.16 each rather than $16.66. I'll send my banking details to the other two pledgees. If this extra charge turns you off let me know and I'll seek other folk to pick up your pledge.

for amusing suggestions about what one could do with that extra fifty cents. Off the top of my head I can think of:

One fifth of a bus ride to work using the MyWay card.
One ninth of a large flat white.
One twentieth of a kids ticket to the Lego movie at Belco Mall.
One one thousand two hundred and ninetieth of the deluxe pledge for Cthulhu Wars.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kon Stavrinos
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All is good, $0.50 happy with that.
Actually to pick you up, its 50% if you travel on an Action Bus before 7:30am, which I do....

I have you details, I'll send the loot through before the weekend.

Thanks again Murray
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murray Fish
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MrBaggy wrote:
All is good, $0.50 happy with that.
Actually to pick you up, its 50% if you travel on an Action Bus before 7:30am, which I do....

I have you details, I'll send the loot through before the weekend.

Thanks again Murray

No worries at all, mate.

Though you might perhaps want to check with the famous Lebut before sending me any money, I think it's his three pack that you're down for.

The folk in this one are:

d10-1 muzfish4
d10-2 Loc .
d10-3 Amiguero

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kon Stavrinos
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Doooohhhhhh!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murray Fish
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MrBaggy wrote:
Doooohhhhhh!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Panda Z
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
muzfish4 wrote:
MrBaggy wrote:
Doooohhhhhh!!!

If you do get the money from Kon, put it against my tab devil

I'll fix you up at the next GLOG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murray Fish
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Amiguero wrote:
muzfish4 wrote:
MrBaggy wrote:
Doooohhhhhh!!!

If you do get the money from Kon, put it against my tab devil

I'll fix you up at the next GLOG.

Roger that.

Loc's money is in and I'll see you next saturday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Binny
Australia
Wanniassa
Australian Capital Territory
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
muzfish4 wrote:

Though you might perhaps want to check with the famous Lebut before sending me any money, I think it's his three pack that you're down for.

...and the 'famous' Lebut is also the 'lazy' Lebut who can't be bothered checking. $16.66 will suit me :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murray Fish
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The ship with the games is estimated to dock in Brisneyland on 12 December 2014. Should be here before Xmas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murray Fish
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Latest news is the ship is late and the revised ETA was 17 December 2014. Not sure if it has actually arrived as yet.

This means that a pre-Xmas delivery is unlikely in the extreme.

Maybe January GLOG or. if not, Cancon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murray Fish
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As mentioned in another thread, the Australian shipment for Rise to Power has arrived, however it has bee delayed by AQIS because the wooden item within the box were not treated. They'll require some additional fumigation before they can be released.

If effect this means that it will take a little longer to get to backers. So, no chance of making GLOG but maybe Cancon. Or February GLOG. If not, then almost certainly March GLOG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loc .
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
mb
muzfish4 wrote:
As mentioned in another thread, the Australian shipment for Rise to Power has arrived, however it has bee delayed by AQIS because the wooden item within the box were not treated. They'll require some additional fumigation before they can be released.

If effect this means that it will take a little longer to get to backers. So, no chance of making GLOG but maybe Cancon. Or February GLOG. If not, then almost certainly March GLOG.

Or whenever kickstarts turn up.

Cause they are all known for being delivered on time with no delays -said no one ever.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murray Fish
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, like the Famous lebut, our games are here.

I'll bring 'em to Cancon for distribution.

I'll be volunteering at the games library each day so I should be pretty easy to find.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bradley
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Played this on Saturday with Kon using the Games Library's copy - wish I had backed it now.

I really enjoyed it, btw. And not because I won.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kon Stavrinos
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes I can confirm I took a beating from all the Bradley clan that attended CANCON.

Rokoko, One zero one, Rise to power are the ones I can remember, there were a few other that escape my clouded mind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Panda Z
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MrBaggy wrote:
Yes I can confirm I took a beating from all the Bradley clan that attended CANCON.

Rokoko, One zero one, Rise to power are the ones I can remember, there were a few other that escape my clouded mind.

Were the Bradley buch there? I miss them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.