BattleCON: Devastation of Indines» Forums » Rules

Subject: Effects that copy/read Finishers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joseph Yull
United States
California
flag msg tools
A Finisher replaces your attack pair when used - when an effect (like that style Eligor uses that copies the base power of your opponent's attack pair) interacts with an attack pair, does it work on the Finisher or just fail? Obviously it's not a 'base' or 'style,' but is it considered a complete 'attack pair'?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron White
Australia
Bathurst
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Bennett from Brawl
badge
Slow and Thoughtful
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the answer is yes. A finisher is like a style and base already combined for you. So Eligor with Aegis would copy its Power.

However, it is also neither a style or base. So, Pendros with Polymorphed would not get any bonuses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Santos
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rook96 wrote:
I believe the answer is yes. A finisher is like a style and base already combined for you. So Eligor with Aegis would copy its Power.

However, it is also neither a style or base. So, Pendros with Polymorphed would not get any bonuses.

Confirming this.

Aaron's on a roll with rulings. :3
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron White
Australia
Bathurst
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Bennett from Brawl
badge
Slow and Thoughtful
mbmbmbmbmb
mnmkami wrote:
Rook96 wrote:

Confirming this.

Aaron's on a role with rulings. :3

Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jyri Järvinen
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
How do these base/style copying attacks work in co-op? They seems awfully broken, capable of dealing in excess of 15 damage easily.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Brock
United Kingdom
Guildford
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as i understand, all of these types of effects say "nearest" so as to not make them ridiculous.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Santos
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Halos wrote:
As far as i understand, all of these types of effects say "nearest" so as to not make them ridiculous.

Confirming this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.