Subject: Rumors of Comic-Con Annoncements rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Rogers
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So, a regular at my FLGS's Boardgame Night, who has volunteered at Comic-Con for several years, told he heard that, at this year's Comic-con, FFG will announce A) an expansion for the Android Board Game, and B) an official Multi-player expansion for ANR.
Has anyone else heard of this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David F
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
Luck in games, in measured doses, is the catalyst which enables shocking game-changers that you'll remember and talk about forever.
badge
Let the Lord of Chaos rule.
mbmbmbmbmb
Android expansion? Please don't toy with my emotions again cry

If that guy suddenly goes missing, you'll know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
Android Expansion! ZOMG

As for ANR multiplayer, multiplayer as in 4 people playing the same game, or multiplayer as in playing the game online with many people?

Then again, anyone can come up with "revelations" like that - and it's hard to figure out why would someone attending Comicon had access to internal FFG documents.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcin Kozłowski
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The problem with this is that 4-player netrunner is exactly what I'm hoping for (and probably many other ANR players as well), especially given the precedent of SW. At the same time this is a random, unverifiable claim, which can easily feed on such feelings. I'm a bit reluctant to get my hopes up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
She wore! She wore! She wore a yellow ribbon! She wore a yellow ribbon in the merry month of May, And when I asked her why she wore that ribbon,
badge
She said, "It's for the Arsenal and we’re going to Wembley!" Wembley! Wembley! We’re the famous Arsenal and we’re going to Wembley!
mbmbmbmbmb
jeffwah wrote:
So, a regular at my FLGS's Boardgame Night, who has volunteered at Comic-Con for several years, told he heard that, at this year's Comic-con, FFG will announce A) an expansion for the Android Board Game, and B) an official Multi-player expansion for ANR.

Do you mean Gen-Con?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Pettigrew
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
vantageGT wrote:
jeffwah wrote:

Do you mean Gen-Con?

I imagine if he meant GenCon, he'd've said GenCon. Sounds more like an Origins kind of announcement to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rana Puer
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All I will say is that people have come to me with A:NR "rumors" of upcoming cards and whatnot that have turned out to be 100% false. I will not believe any different until I have a specific reason.

Also, multiplayer Netrunner would be clunky and have tons f rules issues, so I am actually less likely to believe this one than some of the other rumors I've seen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Miller
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
etherial wrote:
vantageGT wrote:
jeffwah wrote:

Do you mean Gen-Con?

I imagine if he meant GenCon, he'd've said GenCon. Sounds more like an Origins kind of announcement to me.

FFG typically doesn't have much of a presence at Origins, if at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
badge
Pictured: Rags Raggerson, successful businesscat
mb
I imagine that if FFG were going to have a >2 player expansion this soon, they'd have built in multiplayer friendly terminology from the beginning.

Of course, if it's something like the Big Sellout, there probably wouldn't be too many rules issues since it'd still fundamentally be One Runner vs One Corp.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Rogers
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I think he really meant Comic-con, since that's where he volunteers. But it does sound more Gen-Con-ish to me...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Lieffring
United States
Athens
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
ranapuer wrote:
All I will say is that people have come to me with A:NR "rumors" of upcoming cards and whatnot that have turned out to be 100% false. I will not believe any different until I have a specific reason.

Also, multiplayer Netrunner would be clunky and have tons f rules issues, so I am actually less likely to believe this one than some of the other rumors I've seen.

That guy who said the next big box expansion would be "H&P" turned out to be right. So, slightly less than 100%. Not enough to get to 99%, but still, less.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I've seen some speculation that deluxe #4 will be one Corp + multiplayer rules. Completely baseless (no claims of insider info) but it's a nice thought.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Gabel
United States
Ooltewah
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Secretly John Masanori
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe this fits in that hole we have been trying to fill in the big box cycle. Maybe it's a single faction + cards to support a multiplayer experience. Still doesn't sound that likely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WHI & SW had cards that were very clearly worded around multi-player games. I can't say I really noticed that wording on ANR cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The OP's guy heard wrong...because my guy hears that it's not a multiplayer expansion, it's a solo variant expansion. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yeah, I just can't imagine the current ANR text working in a multiplayer setting; they'd need to basically do an errata clarification for every card in the game for the updated rules.

Not that I wouldn't be excited to see MP announced. But, if it is I'll be extremely curious how that would be implemented.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jeffwah wrote:
A) an expansion for the Android Board Game

A reboot would be better.
jeffwah wrote:
B) an official Multi-player expansion for ANR.

You know, it'd be nice.

But these sound too much like things people would actually want for them to be true.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregor Terrill
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Azgard12 wrote:
jeffwah wrote:
A) an expansion for the Android Board Game

A reboot would be better.

Yeah, with FFG's recent release history, I think Android: Second Edition seems more likely than an expansion. And that would be awesome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
secoAce -
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fredcvbgt wrote:
The OP's guy heard wrong...because my guy hears that it's not a multiplayer expansion, it's a solo variant expansion. whistle

Oh, yes, oh, please yes!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would be deliriously happy if it happened, but on my list of credible sources of information, "Comic-Con volunteer" ranks just above "person standing on a median strip yelling things."

Plus FFG has not, to my knowledge, ever made any announcements at Comic-Con and I'm not even sure they've had a booth there in the last few years.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Clements
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
Turns out Esseb did touch the flag. Don't tell him I said so though.
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love an Android board game remake. An expansion would be terrible, the game is complicated enough as it is

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alberto Wagner
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently saw the text for consoles:

Limit of 1 console per player.

That caught my attention.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcin Kozłowski
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sydtrack wrote:
I recently saw the text for consoles:

Limit of 1 console per player.

That caught my attention.

Nice catch!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xerxes Praelor
Switzerland
flag msg tools
Someone did spoil double time on Reddit before it was released, so there's definitely precedent for inside information.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.