Popular Tags: [View All]
Angela Kincaid
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Brad went to bed, and I dragged out Dragon Delta, another of my famous not-yet-played games. The rules are simple, and going cold took us less than five minutes. The point of Dragon Delta is to build footbridges across the delta so you can get to your pre-designated target village from your home village. To build a footbridge, first you must lay bridge stones -- these hold the planks. Only one stone per board rock is permitted, and once placed on the rock, it cannot be moved around on the rock. Think of it as a cement bridge abutment, if you will. As for placing planks, no more than three planks may be supported by one bridge stone. And most annoying of all, you are not allowed to measure the distance to see which of your planks will fit best. The one you grab is the one you use. UGH! That makes it difficult for the spatially challenged, such as myself. Dragon Delta is similar to Robo Rally in that you choose five cards, and the order they will be played in for each round. All players turn up their cards at once. However, you choose from the same set of cards each round so there's no way to do the same action twice in one round. It makes it interesting. There are cards to move your pawn one, move your pawn two, jump an opposing pawn, place one stone, place two stones, place one plank, place two planks, remove a plank or a stone, and cancel the action of one of your opponents. It's a game of getting where you are going without falling in the river.

Visually, this was a VERY great game. The 3-d effect of the stones and planks was sufficient that the more ... right brained of us might be able to hear the water of the delta sloshing across the stones.

We only had three players, and it was obvious that this is a game in which you can NOT be the nice guy and just try to reach your goal. You must bite to win. This game probably escalates in intensity with more players. We can't wait to try it.

Results: Andy #1
Steve #2
Angela dead last but I *still* think it's a great game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.