Hide
3 Posts

Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » Variants

Subject: Does Anyone Have A Good File For Card Backs rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean Owens
msg tools
Hey guys. I'm working on a homebrew OP for my favourite Star Trek episode, "The Doomsday Machine" and I've made a TON of custom cards for it, plus I've wiped up some proxies for Out Of Faction cards that I use with my Dominion fleet

I was thinking about printing them out, and I was just wondering if anybody has made files for the back of the cards that I could use. If not I'll improvise something, maybe I will in any event to make it clear these aren't ACTUALLY made by Wizkids, but I'd prefer the touch of authenticity.

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt W
msg tools
mb
While I don't have a file for the back of the cards, I can offer an alternative suggestion. After printing out your custom cards and cutting them to size, place them in a plastic card sleeve in front of an official ST:AW card. The result should be that it looks like a proper double-sided card. Of course this only works if you have extra cards, but I can say it turns out looking pretty good.

I had thought about printing out card backs as well, but it saved me a lot of printer ink and time using this method. That and I didn't have a file for the card backs either.

Best of luck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Owens
msg tools
Thot Prad wrote:
While I don't have a file for the back of the cards, I can offer an alternative suggestion. After printing out your custom cards and cutting them to size, place them in a plastic card sleeve in front of an official ST:AW card. The result should be that it looks like a proper double-sided card. Of course this only works if you have extra cards, but I can say it turns out looking pretty good.

I had thought about printing out card backs as well, but it saved me a lot of printer ink and time using this method. That and I didn't have a file for the card backs either.

Best of luck.

Yeah, i just figured that since Printerstudio included front and back in the linen-lined style I'd just give them all that extra touch.

Since most of the stuff I'm printing is either homebrew, or will be in a sleeve anyway, I think I'll just do a simple background that has the Attack Wing logo over a starfield and just says "UNOFFICIAL" in huge letters and/or "This is not a legal card".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.