Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Raber Jr.
United States
Warsaw
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
We can stay inside and play games, I don't know...
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a 'lords of middle earth' expansion question...

What does it mean when it says, "elrond is considered a level 3 companion for all combat card effects purposes".

I checked all over the lome rule book and the 2nd edition rulebook and i couldn't find any mention of this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raf B
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This concerns his (and Galadriel's) interaction with combat card effects like Heroic Death and Black Breath whose efficacy are dependent on the level of any Companions in the battle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raber Jr.
United States
Warsaw
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
We can stay inside and play games, I don't know...
mbmbmbmbmb
Rafamir wrote:
This concerns his (and Galadriel's) interaction with combat card effects like Heroic Death and Black Breath whose efficacy are dependent on the level of any Companions in the battle.

Thanks for the quick answer.

So, does this mean that there are level 2 companions? Level 1 companions? Or, are level 3 companions the only type of 'leveled companion' and only show up in LOME expansion?

I haven't played the LOME yet, maybe this is why this is a new concept to me.

Man, i need to play this game more!!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raf B
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Companions in the Fellowship, both the original base game versions and the Council of Rivendell ones in LoME, have a Level indicated by the sword icon on their Character card. The Hobbits are both Level 1; Strider and Gandalf are Level 3 both before and after upgrading to their better selves; and Boromir, Gimli and Legolas are Level 2 (note, though, that their alternate LoME versions Level 1).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Just to add that the level would determine the number of regions a companion can move with a single die. Groups move according to the companion with the highest level. Level 0 caracters (eg Saruman) cannot move. Elrond and Galadriel are normally level 0 (cannot move), but they would have a higher level for combat purposes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.