Subject: Partisans double-destroying factories. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rober Khan
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi, guys! Just skipped some minutes to ask a quickie here:

- The King of England and Emperor of India got troublemaking non-violent partisans in Bombay. They demolished the factory (not so non-violent, ain't them?) and left. The factory is being rebuilt. Now, MORE malcontent partisans have appeared at Bombay. Can they destroy the factory that is being repaired or do they have to wait until it is finished to ruin it again?

By the way, I'm not asking for tips on managing Indian partisans or clever comments on my incompetence as Imperial ruler. My fellow French-Soviet player is already hammering me with them. Just some rules clarifications, please.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Well you can only destroy a functional factory, and while being repaired, it ain't functional, so I'd say 'no'.

Just thank your lucky stars the partisans aren't in Calcutta. I once started a game without a CW unit there and the first damn turn, a big honking partisan (maybe a '2' strength) appeared there. With the rivers and the swamps, it took an actual campaign to get the bugger out of there...

So now when I set up the CW, I make sure first to have a dude in Gibraltar, and second in Calcutta!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Appleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mb
wifwendell wrote:
Well you can only destroy a functional factory, and while being repaired, it ain't functional, so I'd say 'no'.

Just thank your lucky stars the partisans aren't in Calcutta. I once started a game without a CW unit there and the first damn turn, a big honking partisan (maybe a '2' strength) appeared there. With the rivers and the swamps, it took an actual campaign to get the bugger out of there...

So now when I set up the CW, I make sure first to have a dude in Gibraltar, and second in Calcutta!

Remember that WiF assumes that counters have no memory...so your destroyed factory does not know how it was destroyed, just that it was. And, your repaired factory doesn't know where the repair goes, just that it is a repair. So if you look at the hex, there is no knowledge of a repair on the map, just a destroyed factory, which cannot be destroyed again until it is rebuilt.

It's a useful concept to keep in mind for a variety of situations.

Also, build some Indian MIL, will you, man?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rober Khan
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmb
I said NO ADVICE WANTED!!!

But thank you for the rest of the answers.

I'm building Indian TERR, I have Indian MIL, SA MIL... even Australian MIL there. It doesn't matter. Gandhi keeps agitating. That goddamm fakir in his pants...

Luckily, the new born partisans are just 0-2 non-violent demonstrators, so dealing with them should only be a matter of time. They will probably show up in Calcutta.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.