Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Marisue: 477
Terence: 429

A second play of our most recent gaming aquisition, Pompejii.

This time around, being more familiar with the game and the rules, we managed to finish the game in only 40 minutes, whereas the first game had taken an hour to complete.

This time around the game seemed much more agonizing than the first, as far as play decisions. Several times I had cards in hand which could be played to great effect, but in order to do so I had to play another different card first to set up the scoring opportunity, hoping that Marisue didn't have a similar card that she could use to steal the place I had set up.

Due to the way that the scoring works, the board tends to build up with identical buildings along
a diagonal. As the game progresses, it soon reaches the point where cards of a particular builing type are really only worthwhile in a few select locations.

Nearing the end of the game, I ended up with cards that could not be played to best effect because the size of the grid had maxed out. Unfortunately for me, Marisue had a couple of cards that were valuable and still playable, and in the last couple of turns she really surged ahead to take the win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.