Subject: Intrigue and the king cards question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ronin Daimyo
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When playing intrigue and the king it says that the player with the highest and lowest cards need to respectively take the king and intrigue cards that one may not play the special action on the card they put out.

Does this mean that if you get the intrigue or king card you can't play the special action on the card you played or does it mean that you may choose not to?

Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Einmal ist keinmal
United States
Andover
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Non fui, fui, non sum, non curo
mbmbmbmbmb
I would guess that most who follow the threads for the base game are not familiar with expansion rules. You are probably better off posting your question to the relevant expansion's forum here:
http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgameexpansion/370/el-grande-ko...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronin Daimyo
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the advice and link

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved from El Grande to El Grande: König & Intrigant
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Berthold Nüchter
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
I am the walrus
badge
checkpoint
mbmbmbmbmb
If you get the intrigue or king card you are not allowed to play the special action of the card that you have played.
As far as I remember this rule is changed in El Grande: König & Intrigant – Player's Edition. According to the rules of that expansion you may instead play the special action of your card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.