Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Otto von Whackjob
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is FFP going to have an official Gen Con event for this bad boy showing off that enormo monster from the last update??? Want to "wish list" this event if possible!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
There will be copies for sale at GenCon so I'd imagine that would also include a demo.

I was at the Card Kingdom demo in April and one of the hold-ups is communication with the factories in China regarding how the figures will be manufactured: all one piece or multiple parts which may or may not be on sprues.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek VDG
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There should be a demo. I asked them if Minecart KS backers could pick up their copies at GenCon. I thought, since I'm going, that it would be cool to have my copy there in order to play during the convention and drum up extra interest. FFP said that sounded very great, but they were unsure if copies would be available for KS backers at GenCon. Of course, they tried to warn me off by saying how much room it would take up in my bags. :p

As if I hadn't already considered that and felt it would be worth the extra bags in order to play while we were there!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
If Actions Speak Louder Than Words, Then Actions x2 Speak Louder Than Actions
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
One of the Original Twelve
mbmbmbmbmb
Otto von Whackjob wrote:
Is FFP going to have an official Gen Con event for this bad body showing off that enormo monster from the last update??? Want to "wish list" this event if possible!

People are born with the bodies they have, good or bad. Be kind. Please.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Otto von Whackjob
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good catch!

joebelanger wrote:
Otto von Whackjob wrote:
Is FFP going to have an official Gen Con event for this bad body showing off that enormo monster from the last update??? Want to "wish list" this event if possible!

People are born with the bodies they have, good or bad. Be kind. Please.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Moore
United States
Oxford
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Gotcha!
mbmbmbmbmb
FFP has never had ticketed events at gen con as far as I know. But, their booth is always a blast to visit and the demos run continuously. You can bet that they'll be demoing this one.

Now if they'll only release Dark Gothicwhistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike mcginnis

Shelby Twp
Michigan
msg tools
dvang wrote:
There should be a demo. I asked them if Minecart KS backers could pick up their copies at GenCon. I thought, since I'm going, that it would be cool to have my copy there in order to play during the convention and drum up extra interest. FFP said that sounded very great, but they were unsure if copies would be available for KS backers at GenCon. Of course, they tried to warn me off by saying how much room it would take up in my bags. :p

As if I hadn't already considered that and felt it would be worth the extra bags in order to play while we were there!

Wait a second..... So they are going to have the game for sale BEFORE it's available to kickstarter backers? That is complete BS. I didn't back this game. One of my good friends did back it at a pretty high level too. I know he will be pissed if other people can just walk up and get a copy before the backers....(who made this game possible!!!) are able to get their hands on it. That is VERY poor customer service in my opinion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
reaching out from the in-between spaces...
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
suavemike wrote:
dvang wrote:
There should be a demo. I asked them if Minecart KS backers could pick up their copies at GenCon. I thought, since I'm going, that it would be cool to have my copy there in order to play during the convention and drum up extra interest. FFP said that sounded very great, but they were unsure if copies would be available for KS backers at GenCon. Of course, they tried to warn me off by saying how much room it would take up in my bags.

Wait a second..... So they are going to have the game for sale BEFORE it's available to kickstarter backers? That is complete BS. I didn't back this game. One of my good friends did back it at a pretty high level too. I know he will be pissed if other people can just walk up and get a copy before the backers....(who made this game possible!!!) are able to get their hands on it. That is VERY poor customer service in my opinion.

In their defense, they were very clear that this *might* happen. They basically said that they planned on selling copies of the 2 base games at Gen Con (in August) and that KS backers copies would ship out in August (which could happen at the end of August).

That said, it's all speculation since my opinion is that they won't have any copies ready to go in August. They have a deckbuilder game that was due out in February. It is said that due to poor dice, they had to delay the game. It's now 3 months later. Not sure how long it takes to retool dice, but if something so simple could hold up a game for that long, imagine a box full of minis...

Jorune
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Colm
msg tools
mbmb
Jorune wrote:
suavemike wrote:
dvang wrote:
There should be a demo. I asked them if Minecart KS backers could pick up their copies at GenCon. I thought, since I'm going, that it would be cool to have my copy there in order to play during the convention and drum up extra interest. FFP said that sounded very great, but they were unsure if copies would be available for KS backers at GenCon. Of course, they tried to warn me off by saying how much room it would take up in my bags.

In their defense, they were very clear that this *might* happen. They basically said that they planned on selling copies of the 2 base games at Gen Con (in August) and that KS backers copies would ship out in August (which could happen at the end of August).

That's a poor excuse to be honest, IF they did that. IF they sell the game anywhere before backers get it they will have another minecart sized shit storm on their hands. Backers get it first; that's the unwritten rule of Kickstarter, whether they explicitly state it or not.

As you say though, it's extremely doubtful the game will be ready by then anyway and very likely a moot point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noshrok Grimskull
Germany
Bremen
Bremen
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Wreckers don't call for backup, they call for cleanup!
mbmbmbmb
I'm a backer. At Minecart, for $475.
And I don't care whether somebody can buy the base game boxes before I get my stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken H.
United States
Amherst
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
suavemike wrote:
Wait a second..... So they are going to have the game for sale BEFORE it's available to kickstarter backers? That is complete BS.

They have NOT said that. Where are you getting this?

Corran Horn wrote:
I'm a backer. At Minecart, for $475.
And I don't care whether somebody can buy the base game boxes before I get my stuff.

Same here -- especially considering that publishers don't have 100% control over the manufacturing or shipping aspects of producing a game.

You can't expect a game publisher to NOT sell their products at GenCon. I'm sure they want to get it to backers first, but if it doesn't happen they would be foolish to miss the sales opportunity of the convention.

At any rate, nobody knows what's going to happen yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek VDG
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
suavemike wrote:
dvang wrote:

That is not what my post said. The answer that I got was that they don't know if KS backers can pick their copies up at GenCon. Nothing was said about when KS backers get their copies. They could be shipping them out to backers before GenCon. They answered my specific question on whether I, as a KS backer, could pick up my copy at GenCon since I was going to be there, rather than having it shipped to me. I think some of FFP's concern was simply the amount of space a KS backer would need to transport the stuff home from GenCon.

Again, nothing was said about KS backers not getting their copies before GenCon. Secondly, KS backers get a heck of a lot more in deal than people who simply buy it, and as a KS backer I didn't back it in order to "get it before everyone else". So, even *if* KS backers don't get their copies before GenCon, and its on sale at GenCon, I wouldn't be pissed and I believe that KS backers shouldn't be pissed.

To reiterate once more, to be absolutely certain there is no misunderstanding, FFP DID NOT say that KS backers would not get their stuff before GenCon. They simply weren't sure that KS backers would be able to pick their copies up AT GenCon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
First or not first didn't really bother me about this game because Flying Frog communicated their intent up-front. Plus, I figured for the same MSRP as the GenCon purchases I'm getting extra minis, an exclusive character, and delivery to my home. That seems like a reasonable trade-off to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gavin Downing
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
As a mine-cart backer, I'm with the others here. If they sell it at GenCon, that's awesome news, honestly, because the better it does, the sooner they can get to things like Belly of the Beast or Hell Train. If they're selling it at GenCon, that also means the Kickstarter supporters should be getting their boxes soon, if we don't already have them.

If some folks get them before me, I'm not too upset; I didn't Kickstart it so I could yell "FIRST!" I did it because I wanted to support FFP in creating a game which I was excited about, and in exchange get a copy of the game and the expansions they're working on.

The good news is that, currently, Jason reports that they're still on schedule for the August ship-date. It's entirely possible that could still slip (due to manufacturing delays outside their control), but at this time, they're on schedule. If they're delayed, though... they're delayed. I'd rather it be late but done right than be on time but not right. Quality sometimes takes time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klutz
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
I am a "certified" art critic.
badge
I am a professional BGG commenter.
mbmbmbmbmb
gavindowning wrote:
If they're delayed, though... they're delayed. I'd rather it be late but done right than be on time but not right. Quality sometimes takes time.

I wholeheartedly agree!

I have more gaming time in the winter anyways
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Silberman
United States
Portola Valley
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am happy if they have copies at GenCon to sell to the non KS backers. As a Mine Cart backer I have invested a good chunk of change in this. I would rather see buzz an interest develop than get my copy first. I would love it if they got me a copy before GenCon but I am not going to sweat it if it is a couple weeks later. I suspect there will be other goodness to bring home and I would be happy to play with other peoples toys while I am there.

Cheers,

Greg

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The all-seeing, all-knowing, all-trollin' Mike Hutton
United States
moline
illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope I do get mine before Ks backers.....they got all the extra stretch goals I won't get, to them I say boo hoo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.