Hide
5 Posts

Mage Knight Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Tactic Cards: Sparing Power - Need Help! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lucas Breves
msg tools
Guys, I`m struggling to understand this Tactic Card. Can someone please try to put it into another words?

6 - SPARING POWER:

Once before the start of each of your turns, choose one: Put the top card of your Deed deck face down under this card, or flip this card face down and put all Deed cards under it into your hand.

Gratefully,
Lucas

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Libonati Rocha
Brazil
Curitiba
ParanĂ¡
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi lucas, I'll try to help you.

At each start of turn (not round - day or night) you choose to put the top card of your deed deck, from where you draw cards, under the tactic card sparing power. Or, instead of this first option, you may take all cards under the tatctic cards and put they in your hand, ignoring the hand limit at this point (what must be checked at the end of your turn). The cards under it are the cards you put there in the previously turns. Once you have got the cards from under the tactic card you flip it face down and then you are unenable to use his bonus.

The first time I was confused with turn and round, maybe this be your problem too. Round is a day or a night and turn is any time you play (with some observations abount a full turn what I'll not comment here).

It looks confuse but is easy to understand. The tactic idea is give you a burst of power (cards) to do a great action in that night, invade a city, conquer a ruin or a tomb! So you can play a turn with ten or even more cards in your hands.

I hope you can understand now
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Basically it allows you to bank a card at the beginning of each of your turns that round, then at some point during the round you can decide to cash in and draw all those cards you've banked. The catch is you don't know what those cards are, so you're gambling that you won't need them earlier in the round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Breves
msg tools
Thank you both, very much!

Another one, maybe you can help: how do players choose the tactic for the first time? The first one to pick the hero is the last to choose, but then ureorder it after wich obe pick their respective tactic?

Thanks again

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip
Canada
Moncton
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lucasbreves wrote:
Thank you both, very much!

Another one, maybe you can help: how do players choose the tactic for the first time? The first one to pick the hero is the last to choose, but then ureorder it after wich obe pick their respective tactic?

Thanks again

Yes
Player A pick Champions
Player B picks Champion
Player C picks champion

Player C pick tactic 4
Player B pick tactic 2
Player A pick tactic 3

You can now see the turn order depending on the tactic cards pick
in this example

turn order is:
Player B
Player A
Player C
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.