Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Haverty
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since some of the characters in this set are previously seen in the AvX set, will they be using the same dice and just have new cards (which seems redundant) or will they get new dice, which, I don't know, feels a little inelegant to me. For some reason I don't mind different cards to make new versions of characters, but new dice seems weird, heh.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meeple Me
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Based on the few images released, there seems to be both a new Cyclops and a new Angel die - same symbol, different colours. What I don't know yet, is whether or not they will have different stats - my guess would be yes, otherwise, they would be redundant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Haverty
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd assume that you must use the correct dice with the each card as well, since the card shows the 6 sides of the dice that go with it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
I design custom dividers, playmats, and cards for various BGG users.
badge
Check my profile page for links to all my posted projects!
mbmbmbmbmb
cyakobch wrote:
Based on the few images released, there seems to be both a new Cyclops and a new Angel die - same symbol, different colours. What I don't know yet, is whether or not they will have different stats - my guess would be yes, otherwise, they would be redundant.

If that is truly the case, then we should be able to field both old and new of each in the same game. The only logical reasoning why we cant field multiple of the same character now is because the same dice are used for the same characters. If they make new dice for the new characters, then there will be duplicate hero options.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Haverty
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That don't make it right, though
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Noyes
United States
Grove City
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmb
Actually I think the only logical reason you can't field multiple versions of the same hero is because you don't see that too often in the comics. You don't see a team of Angel or a team of multiple beasts in a comic book fight

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
I design custom dividers, playmats, and cards for various BGG users.
badge
Check my profile page for links to all my posted projects!
mbmbmbmbmb
Well if I was able to field two Gambits now, Common-Ace in the Hole and Rare-Cardsharp and bought one of each, there would be no way to tell which card the dice was for when I pulled it out of my bag.

If the cards have different dice as mentioned above, then you could tell which die went with which card.

Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game did something similar with Wolverine when he was re-released as a member of the X-Force in the Legendary: Dark City expansion. In the base, he is part of the X-Men.

I think we will be able to play multiple copies of the same hero as long as they have different dice. If logic towards the ability of the same hero being involved twice in the same universe is cause to question, I think that argument went out the window with the announcement of the Yu-Gi-Oh! Dice Masters being compatible which in my mind has no logic. "I summon blue eye diamond dragon thingy with 9000 hit points!...and a Black Widow..."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cristiano Cozzolino
Italy
Roma
RM
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Making new character card use new dice is the best solution. Since this will mean that you wont have 200 identical dice after 2-3 sets are out.

Right now with a single set available if you buy a lot you already end up with lots of useless dice, imagine if they keep getting out also from future expansions...

Anyway there are so many heroes and villains in the marvel universe that getting alternate versions of the same character already in the second set is really a BAD thing honestly.

Cmon they only got 36 (if i'm not wrong) characters in the first set and they come out with dupes in the second one?

Edit: I understand that they need to keep "selling" heroes coming out each set to keep marvel fans buying the game, but they could spread them among the various sets. Instead of pulling out the same guys again and again in every set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Pearman
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
They certainly are new dice. Check out the correct pic from the Dicetower show:

Seems like we get:

Pyro, Falcon, Quicksilver, Jean Grey?, Psylocke
Sentinel, Iceman, Toad, Bishop, Mr. Sinister
Cable, Juggernaut, Scarlet Witch, Emma Frost, Namor
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Warren
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
La cheeserie!
mbmb
Hmm. That would be 15 new characters. I wonder if that is not a true representative of the contents of the starter?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Pearman
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Bobby4th wrote:
Hmm. That would be 15 new characters. I wonder if that is not a true representative of the contents of the starter?

What do you mean?

there were 15 characters in Xmen v Avengers starters set.

I bet you'll get sidekicks and action dice, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Warren
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
La cheeserie!
mbmb
pearmanb84 wrote:
What do you mean?

No, there were eight: Beast, Captain America, Hulk, Human Torch, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Storm, and Thor. Each had two dice and three cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Christensen
United States
Pleasant Grove
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmb
Even if they have new dice for repeat characters I still don't think you can have the same character twice on your team. Unless they update the rules

Page 23 of Avengers vs. X-Men rule book
However, you cannot choose more than one card with the same title on it, even if the cards have different subtitles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Haverty
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bobby4th wrote:
pearmanb84 wrote:
What do you mean?

No, there were eight: Beast, Captain America, Hulk, Human Torch, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Storm, and Thor. Each had two dice and three cards.

Hm, that is odd. I don't think those are the final dice, in that DT graphic. In fact, if you look close, those don't look like real dice, just graphics. The description for UX says 44 dice, 38 cards -- same as XvA. If it's a standalone starter (which it sounds like it is), then it's almost certainly the same distribution as XvA, so 7 of those 8 15 characters pictured aren't in the starter (but probably in the boosters only).

Edit: typo / math is hard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ramon wise
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mb
Ty very much me and my brother was trying to figure it out but didn't have a clear image thanx for that wow cable (drool)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If you look at the ad here http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1179806/uncanny-x-men/page/1

You can see the numbers on the Magneto and Cyclops dice in the upper right corner and they're the same as the AvX ones. I'm thinking maybe when characters are repeated; the dice will have the same stats but be different colors. If they want to change the numbers, they'll use a different name and symbol the way Phoenix from AvX and Marvel Girl from Uncanny X-Men are both Jean.

I wouldn't be surprised if the rules allow you to use the different color dice from previous sets as long as it still corresponds to the right character. Wizkids seems to have found a niche for this game by courting people who don't like to deal with random collectibles and this would go along with that while still allowing people to collect full sets of dice in the new color if they want to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.